• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This big hook is killing me

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Reaction score
I played in a little 9 hole match today with some buddies. My partner and I played best ball while the other two guys scrambled. We shot 32 to their 34, so we played pretty good. I added some lead tape to my new doc and it is much improved; I was draining knee-knockers today for sure. First hole, I flushed a drive, but my partner hit it past me. His driver was on all day, so I tried to play it safe while he went for birdies.

I step up to the third tee and hit a three wood - usually very straight, 235-240 - and hit a huge hook into the forest. Not a snaphook; it wasn't violent at all, just a big gentle hook. I threw another one down at the consent of the other guys, and same shot. And again. I hit it again on the fifth hole, and once again it was a big hook. I hit it again on the seventh, what do you know, a big hook.

By that time, I was just trying to figure out the hook. I had already made one birdie and my partner had made two, so we didn't really need to worry too much. None of my other clubs produced this hook. My three wood has an open face, and it is shafted with an accuflex evo. My camera takes very poor quality vids, so I think that is out.

Can anyone tell me some possible causes for the hook; I'm terrible at diagnosing my own swing. Maybe someone at the WI outing can help me out. Thanks guys

Which direction did the ball start? Start right, straight, or was it more of a pull hook?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
straight, no pull or push.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking