• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TITLEIST 690CB IRONS

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Reaction score
I am pondering on buying a new set of irons this spring. Is anyone on Shot Talk currently playing with Titleist 690CB irons?
I have hit a demo iron and really loved the feel of the ball coming off the face, even though the range balls were mostly Top Rocks and it was about 5C that day.
There was a used set at the local golf store,$550 Canadian and they were in mint shape. New cost on those irons is about $1100 Cnd funds or there abouts.
DG S300 shafts, which is good as I can then lengthen them and bring the flex down to between stiff and reg.
So anyone's opinions on these irons would be appreciated.
Thanks
DAMN, Mike Weir just about aced the 10th at the Nissian Open! Drove the green and it was tight! Three Peat maybe? Let's hope so :canadafla

I think you should buy them.

550 is a great deal. And it's all about feel.

If they look good at address, feel good off the face, then buy them.

Plus, if you end up not liking them, sell them to me for 300. S300 is my shaft of choice, perfect! :)

R35

OH SURE

Ok Rock what TURNIP TRUCK do you think I fell off today? :) Let me get this straight, I spend $550 for those irons, try them and do not like them. Then I sell them to you for $250 less than I pay for them? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I must be missing something here!
My only concern with buying these irons is I have to extend the shaft length by 1 inch. Now this will change the swingweight from the D2 they currently are to roughly a D4 according to what the owner of the store told me.
A scratch golfer I know at work told me if I did this before I ever played the irons I would not notice the difference. My current irons are D1, but as he said there will not be much difference between the two sets of irons as far as swing weight goes.

What I will do is call my buddy who does that type of work on clubs and see what he says. If he says this is not a good thing to do I might buy those irons and sell them to you for $750.00 Shipped!

I would think you can keep the SW around a D1 if you are a little flexible with what shaft you pick. If you go with the TX-90 or the DG Lite or your best choice may be the new DG-SL because TT is claiming it will play the same as the standard DG. Then you should be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520