• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Titleist/Cobra demo day...

slickpitt

Reaction score
... and I didn't hit a single driver :p lol

Honestly what I was looking for is what might be my next set of irons. Not in any hurry to replace the AP2's... but by year end, they're going to need replaced. Either with a new set or with something else. I'm pretty hard on irons, lots of range time and lots of rounds.

I did hit a 909 4H: Not bad.. but it just seems, for me anyway, anything over about 21* in a hybrid I just can't get comfortable with. I really like my Callaway 3H... but it plays more like a wood than an iron. I give it a B-.

(Irons I hit are 6 & 8 iron)

Titleist Z Blend Forged: Not bad really. Awesome to look at.. didn't quite have the feel I was expecting. Kind of clunky. Setup and everything feels comfy.. dunno just something didn't "click" with me. Disappointing really cause in the back of my head this was a prime candidate. B+

Cobra Pro MB: Absolutely the most beautiful iron I've ever seen. But holy lord of tiny irons. It may just be me... but the head on this thing looked teeny! Setup and everything felt great, but man on man mis-hits let you know it. If you aren't between the screws on EVERY shot with this club forget about it. C+ for ME

Cobra Pro CB: Unless I find something else earth-shattering, this will be my next iron. Very pretty... setup was great. Hits on the screws just felt fantastic, misses missed of course but not too bad. Sweet spot seemed bigger and easier to find then the Pro MB or even the Titty ZB. Really the closest I've found to a "blade feel" with the forgiveness of a cavity back.

How do you not hit a driver?!

Kidding aside, was there much of a difference between your AP2 pocket cavities and the, for lack of a better word, traditional player cavity Cobras?

How do you not hit a driver?!

Kidding aside, was there much of a difference between your AP2 pocket cavities and the, for lack of a better word, traditional player cavity Cobras?

Not a lot of difference in feel really. The Corba's probably launched a little lower, which would be good for me since I hit the ball high anyway. Cobra's seemed a little more compact at address, thinner top line.

slickpitt; Cobra's seemed a little more compact at address said:
thinner top line.[/B]

This is the exact comment I needed to know. I was thinking on some APs, but the Top Line seemed too thick for me,s o Cobra could be a pretty good choice to think off...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520