• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TLT fitting & club adjustment costs

jojosasser

Reaction score
I have been researching information on TLT and talked through email with Dan a couple of times. I found a registered TLT fitter close by and checked on the costs with him, so my question is this. He charges $100 for an iron (TLT) fitting and said if he retrofitted an existing set it would be $50-$70 per iron. Are these costs normal? If so, I guess I won't be doing this. I'm not good enough to justify that kind of money.

Thanks.

I have been researching information on TLT and talked through email with Dan a couple of times. I found a registered TLT fitter close by and checked on the costs with him, so my question is this. He charges $100 for an iron (TLT) fitting and said if he retrofitted an existing set it would be $50-$70 per iron. Are these costs normal? If so, I guess I won't be doing this. I'm not good enough to justify that kind of money.

Thanks.
Holy CRAP !!!!!!

thats pretty steep...normally I would guess that a loft/lie adjustment would run at about 10 bucks a head...so on top of that you got to rip all the grips off, cut the shafts to length or butt extend them and replace grips...I'd expect to pay maybe 20 bucks an iron over there...over here its more expensive

I'm guessing the TLT fitting is probably worth $100 - if this fitter is good and can get your exact specs dialed in (which would likely require him building you or modifying one of your irons)
$50-70 per iron after that is a little steep, but when you consider the costs - it might not be that crazy. I just did mine myself and spent $7 per shaft, ~$7 for grips/ferrules/epoxy
then, I spent time spining the shafts (1/2hr?) , time spent researching tip trim (2 hrs), time spent pulling old shafts and cleaning out hosels (1-2hrs), time measuring new shafts (~1/2hr), time cutting new shafts (~1hr), time to prep shafts and seat ferrules (~1 hr), time to epoxy and align shafts (1/2hr), time to measure and butt trim (~1hr)

I'm sure a professional would be faster at this than I was, but I killed about the equiv of a day on it. how much do you think your time is worth? if it's $50 and I spent 14 on material - would leave $36 for the labor and overhead - if you have 8 clubs that's $288 - divide that by 7.5hrs = roughly $38.40/hr - which is cheaper than having your car or furnace fixed

I am really happy with the results though :) good luck

I forgot to mention that I paid $5/head to have the lie angles bent and $5 for a hand select fee for a new head - this stuff adds up

I'm guessing the TLT fitting is probably worth $100 - if this fitter is good and can get your exact specs dialed in (which would likely require him building you or modifying one of your irons)
$50-70 per iron after that is a little steep, but when you consider the costs - it might not be that crazy. I just did mine myself and spent $7 per shaft, ~$7 for grips/ferrules/epoxy
then, I spent time spining the shafts (1/2hr?) , time spent researching tip trim (2 hrs), time spent pulling old shafts and cleaning out hosels (1-2hrs), time measuring new shafts (~1/2hr), time cutting new shafts (~1hr), time to prep shafts and seat ferrules (~1 hr), time to epoxy and align shafts (1/2hr), time to measure and butt trim (~1hr)

I'm sure a professional would be faster at this than I was, but I killed about the equiv of a day on it. how much do you think your time is worth? if it's $50 and I spent 14 on material - would leave $36 for the labor and overhead - if you have 8 clubs that's $288 - divide that by 7.5hrs = roughly $38.40/hr - which is cheaper than having your car or furnace fixed

I am really happy with the results though :) good luck

50-70 per iron on your existing irons though Rick means no new shafts no expoxy no ferrules...just butt trimming or butt extensions...it seems excessive

50-70 per iron on your existing irons though Rick means no new shafts no expoxy no ferrules...just butt trimming or butt extensions...it seems excessive
you're right - assuming the current shafts fit perfectly....

perhaps he can go for the fitting, then have the work done somewhere cheaper?

Thanks for all the responses so far. I thought it was a bit excessive myself and I'm checking with another TLT fitter a little farther away to see what his costs are. If they're close to the same then I'll know that's just what the rate is, and I'll just have to make do with a standard set.

I paid $70 for the fitting session, I then cut and extended my irons myself, but you also have to buy a proper measuring rule for $50, then another $50 for the loft and lies to be adjusted, plus $70 for grips. Thats $240 but with diy regrips and cutting etc, he wants to charge you at least $400 to $500 to do the lot, I think it sounds a bit steep but if it also comes with fitting advice on shafts, which will include the drivers etc etc then you are also paying for his expertise.

This can be done for a lot less depending on how much of your own time/effort you put in.

I went through Lyle for my fitting; you can contact him regarding the cost. I then took the clubs to my local guy for adjustments (he charges $4/club). I'm sticking with my existing shafts so it really is just a case of trimming and regripping after the adjustments. That cost will vary depending on your grip of choice (mine is GPTV).

So, excluding the cost of the actual fitting (again, shoot Lyle a PM), I had my 5-P TLT'd <$50. I even looked into picking up some new shafts but I was looking at the FST offerings so even going new shafts would've kept me under $100 total.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520