• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TM RAC TP Vs Vokey Spin Milled

Which is the superior SW?

• Titleist Spin Milled 56.12 is the one

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • TaylorMade RAC TP 56 is better

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Don't be stupid. Suck it up and keep with the Vokey 256.14

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe my current sand wedge (Bob Vokey 256.14) may be on the way out with worn grooves and I have a little money in my Paypal account. Dangerous...

So i'm looking to replace my current 56* with either of the above two options. I have the SM60.04 from Titleist already and it's a fairly proven piece of machinery.

But on the other hand I have heard others rave about the spin they get from their RAC's. I've never produced a large amount of spin with any club so one that I could really get to rip on the short stuff could be a huge help to my game.

Opinions on the above two clubs please.... Or am I missing something else that I should be looking at?
(Have thought about the Cleveland's but decided against)

You should try out the cg12's, they really do spin like hell.

But i have to say SMs from a biased spot. They just truely are amazing wedges, i'll be replacing both fairly soon and will be going with the exact same wedges.

As you said about your 60, whats aint broke dont fix.

(even though nine tenths of the ppl here dont go by that!, but theres a reason why you dont see ppl ho'ing wedges;)).

I've got RACs in 54* and 58* and Vokey SMs in 56* and 60* (plus a regular Vokey in 52) and though the RACs are really nice clubs, there's nothing like those Vokeys for spin, feel and control. The 56* Vokey spins the ball like nothing I've ever seen before, and much more than either of the TMs.

I actually like the TM's better than the Vokey's. They do spin like crazy.

Not very familiar with either, but from all the hype I would go with the Vokey.

I would go with neither.

Find something that you can control that doesn't destroy golf balls.

Vokey SM are absolute death on a Pro V1 (assuming you hit the ball correctly). The RACs are a little easier on balls and spin a ton also. I prefer a wedge that I can predict what is going to happen when it lands from all types of shots and all types of lies.

rac tp's.. they have great feel, and amazing spin.. without tearing up ProV1's.

I play rac black tp's, buddy plays SM's...we both prefer my wedges.

Poll is 4 apiece. Might PM Robereno and see what deals he can do me on both.

At least no-one has told me to stop being stupid and stick with what I got:laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520