• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

To keep or sell???

Jimc11

Reaction score
I have been a lurker on here for some time but finally decided to join. Let me start with a little back story. I was playing to an 11 last season, in a tournament I made one of my best shots ever and won a free lesson with the top intructer in VA. So I went..after watching me hit and discussing my goals his quote was "Before we start, we can get you to your goal (lof single digits) but we will destroy your sing first. I am a former baseball player..last season was the first I had not played since I was 7 (currently 34)...so to cut to the chase my former 2 degree flat swing is not a 3degree upright....Im still working the game and am down to a 9.6...I hit a ton of clubs and decided on the Ping I10, was fitted by the guys on the ping van last week. Ordered the set. Now I am starting to worry after reading reviews that these may be to much of a players club for me..I play the I5 currently. I was going to put my I5s up for sale but am thinking I better hold off just in case...worst case ping says their tolerence is 4degree bend on those..I could get close having them done...what say you...sell and jump all in on the i10s or keep for now? Money is not a huge matter but seeing as Ill be on vacation soon it plays into the equation....

I have been a lurker on here for some time but finally decided to join. Let me start with a little back story. I was playing to an 11 last season, in a tournament I made one of my best shots ever and won a free lesson with the top intructer in VA. So I went..after watching me hit and discussing my goals his quote was "Before we start, we can get you to your goal (lof single digits) but we will destroy your sing first. I am a former baseball player..last season was the first I had not played since I was 7 (currently 34)...so to cut to the chase my former 2 degree flat swing is not a 3degree upright....Im still working the game and am down to a 9.6...I hit a ton of clubs and decided on the Ping I10, was fitted by the guys on the ping van last week. Ordered the set. Now I am starting to worry after reading reviews that these may be to much of a players club for me..I play the I5 currently. I was going to put my I5s up for sale but am thinking I better hold off just in case...worst case ping says their tolerence is 4degree bend on those..I could get close having them done...what say you...sell and jump all in on the i10s or keep for now? Money is not a huge matter but seeing as Ill be on vacation soon it plays into the equation....

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Ping doesn't make a true players club anyhow, they are all pretty forgiving - some just moreso than others. I think you'll be pleased, PING makes quality stuff

Welcome to Shottalk!!

If there isn't a money issue, I'd keep the old ones for awhile. At least til you get comfortable with the new ones. Once you get to a point that you don't even look back at the old ones, then I would dump them.

Yea that is the way I am leaning...keeping for now..just a couple weeks...Dont want them to be a crutch to fall back on anyway..

Screw being reasonable, load it up. Get a whole new bag, shiny stuff. If you don't like it, get more.

Life is too short to drink cheap wine. Feel free to quote me on that.:)

Screw being reasonable, load it up. Get a whole new bag, shiny stuff. If you don't like it, get more.

Hehehehehe, that is the attitude mate!

not everyone can be a SC collecting sextoy.

not everyone has be a SC collecting sextoy.

Hmmm, did I just get complimented or insulted. .....I'll go with complimented, thanks Splooge.:D

Jim, buy the clubs, you know it's right...and cheap wine still sucks!

Hmmm, did I just get complimented or insulted. .....I'll go with complimented, thanks Splooge.:D

NP, I'd live that life if I could get away with it.

I agree with Mr. Divot. The i10's are plenty forgiving for someone who is a legitimate 9.6, or even a 15 probably. Don't worry about that.

Nothing really WRONG with a baseball swing as long as you aim it at the ground, though. That is, in essence, a one-plane swing.

Seconded.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424