• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

To swing aggressively or not?

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Reaction score
My irons have been off lately. I CAN hit some great shots when I get my weight to my left side and swing aggressively. However, I can also get very inconsistent (many thin and fat shots). Any thoughts?

Someone very wise told me: play conservatively, swing aggressively.

Nice easy tempo & never try to swing out of your shoes.

Practice, get consistent swing, play golf to enjoy it. Go to the driving Range and work out what works.

... as long as you know the difference between "Aggressively" and "Out of your shoes".

Who is this wise fellow you boys speak so highly of?

:beach3:

ha, if I had meant you I would have said a wiseass once told me...

I find that swinging easy works better. Solid contact is better than swinging harder and hitting the ball all over the clubface.

My irons have been off lately. I CAN hit some great shots when I get my weight to my left side and swing aggressively. However, I can also get very inconsistent (many thin and fat shots). Any thoughts?

Try not shifting so much weight. The weight shift is very often overdone and leads to a lateral shift. My iron striking improved greatly once I realized that it's more rotation, less about shifting weight.

When I start getting inconsistent with my iron contact I find that it is because I have stopped turning around my left knee and have instead started swaying to hit the shot. When I work on ensuring that I rotate I find that I can swing just about as hard as I want and still make consistent contact. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520