• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trolley/Cart Question

tailz

Slicer Robson
Reaction score
Now I know this is going to seem petty but I am finding this a bit of a pain and was wondering if anyone else has the problem or knows how to stop it. I am sure I am not alone, you drop the bag on the trolley clip the straps round as tight as humanly possible and by the time you reach the first green, the bag has turned 90 degrees!!!

Yes I know, I can hear you all screaming "SO WHAT" but if you experience it, you must agree to it becoming a pain especially as if you want to get to the pocket that is now underneath, you have to fight like mad to turn the bag back round to reach it.

Anyone got any tips, other than buy a new trolley to stop the bag from twisting?

Cheers

Tony
:ukflag:

I found a couple things helpful in this matter.

If possible with one of the straps and your bag, see about looping a strap twice through one of the, umm, what would you call them, things attached to the bag that you run the strap through. Do you understand what I mean? Like say there was little c-handle sticking out, send the strap through it, then pull it back over and run it through again, then run the strap around the rest of the bag.

Also, it's likely that the weight of items on your bag isn't evenly distributed on the two sides. The heavy side will pull down. See if you redistribute the way things are carried in your bag.

Velcro

Get some velcro tape attach to yor bag where you would like to keep it and attach to your trolley at corresponding points. You can get velcro tape in a variety of colors and one that should pretty much match your bag. Hope this helps.

Buy a riveting kit (about $20) and get a small piece of nylon webbing about the same width as the trolley strap. Cut the webbing about 3-5 inches long. Attach one end to the trolley strap permanently, and attach the other end with a snap rivet. The idea here is to attach the webbing in a spot on the trolley strap so that it can capture your bag's handle.

If you can't find a way that works, take a look at some of the newer bags for ideas. Obviously this is not to trivial as most of the bag makers are now adding things to their bags to fix this problem. It may depend on the bag. I use to loop it around the handle a second time, but my current bag was designed to prevent this. I have on occasion seen little clamps that attach to the bag and the strap. If you can't find one you could probably make your own. Just go to the hardware store and buy some kind of clamp for the strap that will attach to a carabiner.

Also, if you have an oblong bag (like most stand bags) I found the tighter you strap the bag, the more likely it is to turn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520