• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ualtim, Eracer, and Scotty (MIA)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Reaction score
Tim drove from Orlando this AM to play a round in Tampa with Scotty01292, Scotty's father, and me. Unfortunately, Scotty and his Dad are MIA. Tim and I waited a while for them to show, but there was no phone call, so we told the starter to let them know we had gone on ahead. It was a pleasure playing with Tim. He is a gentleman, and most importantly, understands how the game of golf is played. We both struggled with some pretty ragged greens, and hit some really good shots. Tim had a nice string of pars on the back nine, and I managed a respectable score (for me). I had a good time, and look forward to teeing it up with Tim again.

<edit 04/13/07> Well - I'm mortified to find that I'm the one who screwed up the meeting. I told Scotty I would be making the tee time for Friday, the 12th. I called the club and made the tee time for the 12th - which was Thursday. Scotty's dad called me on Friday and asked me why the course was closed...I must be getting senile. I am so sorry Scotty, and Tim, for the screw-up.<edit>

Here's some photos of the round. I'm the grim looking one with the green and white shirt...
IMG_0072.jpg
IMG_0073.jpg
IMG_0074.jpg

More pics...
IMG_0076.jpg
IMG_0077.jpg

Nice hat/s, both of ya's! :)

Looks like fun, hope the rain held off.

Peace, B

What's with all of the facial hair? You guys are starting to look like WBL et. al. :D

Hope y'all had fun. I'm working like a dog here all week and it's sunny and 70F outside. Naturally, thunderstorms are predicted for Saturday and Sunday. :(

Seems like everyone's trying to copy my "look"!! :laugh: :laugh: Wished I was there guys! Looks like a good time. And warm. And no snow. And damn it!!

It was a good round of golf. Not my best scoring of the year, but an excellent round with a top flite partner. As Eracer mentioned, the greens were a bit of a challenge as several were under repair and sanded, but a great round of golf. I really appreciated playing a round with someone who respected the game as much as I do. It is a rare opportunity to play with someone who repects the course and the game as much as Eracer does, if any of you shottalkers find your way down to central Florida give Eracer a call for a great round of golf (I'll come too, if you don't mind :) ) Here are a few more photos of the round. I envied Eracer's ball flight as he hits a nice penatrating ball that I could only dream of. Enjoy.

Waiting for Scotty to show. Looks like rain, but it ended up turning out to be a dry day. (Except for the fairways which were soaked last night during a t-storm.)
GolfApr07133.JPG

Eracer teeing it up with the big dog.
GolfApr07134.JPG

My slow a$$ could not get back to the cart in time to grab a picture of Eracer hitting his second shot on one of the more scenic holes. Cart path only today due to the rain last night so we got a lot of walking in for cart golf.
GolfApr07135.JPG

Eracer trying to will his ball on to the green. This is hole number 3 at Westchase, a nice par 3 that sets up similar to #12 at Augusta National. If you look really close, you can see my ball to the left of the pin. A wonderful 3 jack gave me a bogey on the hole breaking up my par string. Have no fear, my double bogey train came soon after on this nine.
GolfApr07136.JPG

Eracer with the big dog again. Westchase kind of dictates what club you use off the tee and Eracer only pulled the driver out on a few select holes. Stupid me took a few holes to learn that so my front 9 (which was really the back nine as the first 9 holes were too wet to play in the AM) score was killed by a few multi-bogeys. On #9 (our 18th) I forgot that lesson and payed the price with a pulled shot that lead to another double.
GolfApr07137.JPG

A great round of golf with a great golfer. I look forward to playing with Eracer again in the future.

What's with all of the facial hair? You guys are starting to look like WBL et. al. :D

OK, now I am thinking about shaving it off for the first time in 5 years. :laugh:

Maybe you need to grow some Doc, the goatee is where it is at. :D

Looks great guys. I was supposed to go to FL with my wife and son on Monday, I decided to stay behind to play some golf in CT. Now since that plan is shot, I am wishing I was down there, we probably could have hooked up. Maybe next year! :)

Great pics and great story. Too bad about Scotty et pops.

E, I hope you found that shirt in the lost and found...:laugh:

JK, dude....

R35

Great pics and great story. Too bad about Scotty et pops.

E, I hope you found that shirt in the lost and found...:laugh:

JK, dude....

R35

You only hope you're this stylin' when you're my age...:laugh:

hey i resemble that remark.:laugh:

as ive had one for about 15yrs.figured id give it a try since that was what everyone called me.tried it liked it and never got rid of it.

i am suprised how many members of this site wear one though.

hey i resemble that remark.:laugh:

as ive had one for about 15yrs.figured id give it a try since that was what everyone called me.tried it liked it and never got rid of it.

i am suprised how many members of this site wear one though.

That's 'cuz there's so many cool people on this site...:laugh:

JK, guys. I haven't had facial hair for years and years. After I started going bald, I just started cutting my hair really short. Here's me at a GSDF training mission: I'm the better looking one in the orange vest.
El Dos Amigos.JPG

Doc, be honest, that lil bit of facial hair you've been working on for the past 26 years. :p

Great pics guys, shame Scotty wasn't there though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520