• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

• I may break the images on the site including avatars, Please give me a hour or less I am trying to get all images hosted off server. If it looks broke that because I am working on it.

USGA Golf w/LOFT

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unusually Stupid Geezer Attempting Golf w/Lack Of Frickin' Talent!!!!!!

Won my flight at the Member's Tourney without a driver in the bag. Hit the 2-wood extremely well... long and straight. Went to Cheyenne and played 2 days. Shot well, without a driver. The people I was paired with were amazed at something called a "2-wood" and how it would perform. Came back and played the 4th at our home course. Shot 40/40, which for this old man is pretty darn good. Then... the wheels fell off!!!!!

I could not find a fairway this weekend. Both days. You know you're in trouble when you're leaving the tee box on #4, the first day of the weekend, and one of your playing partners says, "Your game really sucks!!" It didn't get any better than that!!!!

44/44 on Saturday. Didn't play that good. 44/42 today. Played even worse. Made some long putts. Chipped the ball close. Hit some tremendous shots out from under trees and from the gunch. Worn out old man just working his tail off getting out of jail!!! I hate this game!

For a couple seasons, now, I've carried no 3-wood. This HiBore 2-wood has 16 degrees of loft... 3-wood loft. If I'm on, I can kill it off the deck. Most of the time, I just hit my 5-wood on long par 5 second shots. The HiBore has been extremely dependable off the tee. Once in a great while, it will cough up a hook. Most of the time, it's dead straight to a little draw. It NEVER goes right... until every other shot today. Some left.... Some right. None... NONE straight!!

I believe it's time. It's time to rethink where this dastardly game and I are going. If we're going to get along together for the remainder of the swings the Good Lord has put in this body, we're going to have to make some changes. It may well be time to get mroe traditional. The mindset... if there even is a mind left in this old head... is to ditch the current driver and 2-wood for a new driver and 3-wood. I have a pretty nice GC for the local pro shop. We may just have to bit the bullet.

A brand spanking new "thriver" sits in the basement as trade material. That was an exercise in futility. The "thriver" and GC should begin a down payment on something new and different. I haven't been able to get off the tee and come to ShotTalk, reading about WBL hitting his driver 275 and straight. That old fart is darn near as old as I am and a walking experiment in the marvels of modern medicine. If he can hit a driver that well, why can't a physical specimin like myself get it past the lady's tee box??? It can't be the nut on the end of the shaft! It has to be the clubs!!!

I'm on a mission. Don't you dare get in my way! I'm taking two days off work, this week, just to rebuild my bag. By next weekend, watch out! I'll either be shooting in the 70s or be making calls to the local nursing homes, attempting to check myself in.

I told you the magic wand you need to try. Words of caution... Don't overswing it. Get a good shoulder turn. And get ready to amaze all those flat bellies. I wished you lived close so I could let you try mine. And I'm starting to like my new Adams Fast 10 3-wood. Same things apply (since it's also a "light" club).

When I got to my 275 drive and showed the young flat bellies my GPS yardage they just shook their heads. It's was one of my highlights of the season. And the two old guys I was 50-100 yards farther then kept saying "you might have hit that too far"... "you might have hit that too far"... :thumbs up:

Now I've got to hit my irons better and quit wasting all these nice drives. :frown:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420