• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Vacation ideas.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need ideas on where to go, looking at anytime from the end of Jan up thru the end of april as my time is quite flexible. Went to Ixtapa this year & it was ok, but preferred Cozumel.

Currently considering Costa Rica, Brazil..specifically Rio, St Lucia is probably top of my list, but would also consider Aruba, Martinique, US Virgin Islands, etc.

Budget is somewhere around $3000 or so for the 2 of us, All inclusive or not I don't care. Just want some place with warm weather, crystal clear water perfect for snorkeling & diving, etc.

Jamaica could be possible but it's overdone as everyone has been there & done that.

Alaska! Take a cruise to Alaska!

oh wait, january. Off your list I would hit Brazil. not normally my cup of tea but I have always wanted to see Brazil.

I'm going on a cruise in December...should be a good time....

just hope i don't fall off the boat...lol

I'm going on a cruise in December...should be a good time....

just hope i don't fall off the boat...lol
Or get pushed in by your lady so she can move closer to me...

What about Hawaii, Wi?

Or get pushed in by your lady so she can move closer to me...

What about Hawaii, Wi?

For some reason Hawaii has never held any allure to myself, not saying I wouldn't enjoy myself once there, just no buring desire to go there.

Has anyone done a Caribbean cruise for 7 days? Never been on a cruise & wonder just what's included..ie what the hell the final cost ends up being.

For some reason Hawaii has never held any allure to myself, not saying I wouldn't enjoy myself once there, just no buring desire to go there.

Has anyone done a Caribbean cruise for 7 days? Never been on a cruise & wonder just what's included..ie what the hell the final cost ends up being.

For our cruise, food is included, pop is included, alcohol you pay for after the fact. Excursions are chosen and paid for before you go.

We are leaving Tampa, going to the Caymen islands and Cozumel i believe, and then back to Tampa....

St. Lucia will cost you more than 3G's for the two of you. Very expensive. Especially for an all inclusive.

A cruise is an option. Gives you the freedom to see a bunch of islands during the day and travel at night. We just got back from Barbados and took a catamaran tour with a couple that was touring on a cruise. They were on their second last day and were loving it.

I think it depends more on what you want to do. Once you narrow that down (beach, golf, tours, hiking, water sports, all of the above), that should help you narrow a destination. Consider cuisine, language barriers, USD against local currency and what you are looking for in your trip when choosing a destination.

I'm not sure this helps, but I've been there, done that, several times.

R35

Thru Orbitz I can book 2 of us in St Lucia for the end of april for just over $3000 at Smugglers Cove all inclusive. Obviously won't be able to afford Sandals or Ladera. But the thought of a cruise is intriquing.

In-laws went to Costa Rica last year. Loved it. I'd go to Hawaii before Jamaica. I've been to both and preferred Hawaii. I really would love to go to Aruba or Barbados. Why don't you go there and tell me how it is? LOL

EDIT: How was Barbados, Rock?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427