• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wanted: Matrix Shaft Advice (or anything similar)

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I know I'm not going to find a miracle shaft through this thread. I'm just looking for any advice and bits of information I can compile to better educate myself. I want to find a high performance shaft for a great friend of mine. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Matrix Ozik F7M2 but am open to other ideas. Here goes.
Background: Solid player about a 2-3 cap right now. He hits the ball with a beautiful high trajectory and hits nearly every shot in the center of the clubface. I would estimate his SS to be around 107-110. He loves the feel of a heavier shaft. Recently he installed an S300 shaft into his Titleist 905R and launches it pretty high. So, he tried installing an X100 shaft into his Titleist 983K and it balloons on him. He really wants a more boring trajectory. He loved the feel of my Matrix X-Con 6 but it was too high for him, and at 245 cpm it would hook on him when he got after it. So, I'm hoping someone has had some experience with the Ozik line or something similar (like the Diamana Kai'Li). I'm inexperienced in low launch shafts, so I guess I'm wondering about how low is "low launching" and what flexes have you used for your SS? Thanks gents (and Claire).

what loft is he using???

thats going to make the quickest impact on flight.

from there. I'm not really so sure.

I swing just a little bit slower, and really love the boring flight that I get from an SK Fiber Tour Trac 100.

SKFiberMaster

very bottom one.

Its heavy, and gives a flight that I haven't been able to replicate with anything else.

I've used it primarily in FW's, but it was pretty solid when I had it in my HiBore as well.

cheap too...even if it doesn't work.

what loft is he using???

thats going to make the quickest impact on flight.

from there. I'm not really so sure.

I swing just a little bit slower, and really love the boring flight that I get from an SK Fiber Tour Trac 100.

SKFiberMaster

very bottom one.

Its heavy, and gives a flight that I haven't been able to replicate with anything else.

I've used it primarily in FW's, but it was pretty solid when I had it in my HiBore as well.

cheap too...even if it doesn't work.

8.5*

Thanks, I'll check it out. What else have you compared it too?

Shafts I've had in my current driver head.

GD YS-6+ in X flex.
VS Proto 80-S
Accuflex Creation 65-S
Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 75-X
Bimatrx X flex.
SK Fiber Tour Trac 100S

The bottom two were definitely my favorite.

Actually just bought another Tour HiBore head, as well as 2 SK Fibers....I think I'm going to build the Hibore-SK Fiber combo again, just for kicks.

Gun: Is that TourTrac 100 really low launch? I could use a heavy graphite for my three wood, but could use a mid launcher.

Bames: I think you are on the right track with the F7M2 for a lower launching Matrix. I believe BStone has an 8M2 for sale in the BST. Also, there have been a large number of X and XX flex Matrix pulls on the Bay lately for good prices. Stuff in the 270-290 cpm range.

Gun: Is that TourTrac 100 really low launch? I could use a heavy graphite for my three wood, but could use a mid launcher.

Bames: I think you are on the right track with the F7M2 for a lower launching Matrix. I believe BStone has an 8M2 for sale in the BST.

Really? - I'll check it out. I'm currently looking at an XCON as well.

Thanks

they're pretty low launching. Can't recall ever ballooning one.

you hit one right, and it just seems like the ball doesn't want to stop.

8M is a FW shaft, and weighs a ton. Not great reviews of it in the driver.

FYI.

R35

You'd know. Thanks for the info!

Never hit one, just got that info from a reputable Matrix dealer.:thumbs up:

Maybe Ken can weigh in here, he's the man with Matrix.

R35

i have F7M2 in my j33r right now, and i have to say it is a smooth feeling shaft.

w/ swing speed of 105-110mph, i would at least get 260cpm.

mine is 270cpm (xflex) but loads softly and kicks smoothly. it might be placebo affect, but that's what i feel side by side w/ other xflex shafts i'm using. felt similar to diamana bb 83x, but it's easier to load. i don't feel like i have to swing hard. it's a keeper.

Great information, thanks a lot. What would you say about your ballflight before and after the F7M2? Did you notice any changes?

NEW- OZIK HD 7 in a stiff flex at 45''.. lets talk!!! it is made off the F7 mandral but does not carry the price tag! (no zylon running through the shaft) but she does offer lower spin.. more about his game is of course good to hear. but just a shot from the hip -- on what has been a great low spin/mid launch shaft. feel free to speak more. Ken:usflag:

See? Ken just slides in on a magic carpet with all the answers. :mgw:

R35

give me some real pro v's r35..

hope you have been well..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters