• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WF2 6PS

dave.

Reaction score
Stick that in Google Earth. let it zoom and ignore the house, look at the bottom of the screen and you will see a big shed, and feidl in front of it. Thats the range I use. Click on ruler and measure the distance to the top of the range, start of the semi. Measures 238 yrds. Thats a bloody good hit with a range ball, and its slightly uphill. You can use Google Earth to dispell the myths of distances now, when someone makes a silly claim.

Look at this, DD7 7PF

Then look at this,

http://www.carnoustiegolflinks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/largechampionshipmap.jpg

You can now plot the distance Harrington dumped his drive in the burn, only 270 yards, then he only had 200 carry to clear the burn again to the green. Gives you an idea how hard that hole is though

Somebody been spending a bit TOO much time on google earth???

nah, thats some pretty sweet stuff though. Amazing what satalites can see...makes me want to stay inside...or find some of them nude beaches on there:laugh::laugh:

Not golf but, try "flying" the Grand Canyon or the Himalayas on GE. Real kick.

I use it to measure my shots for real before I post here and elsewhere... but I know a lot of guys can't handle the brutal honesty of it..:laugh:

Click the 'ruler' then just click and drap the line. You can change the measure into whatever unit ie yards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520