• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What a difference a week makes

I have two words for you: long underwear.

Of course there's always strategically placed hand warmers.... ;)

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast said:
Oh yeah, definitely walking helps keep you feeling warmer. Except of course those times when you have to walk directly into the teeth of the wind, and it begins nipping at your balls.

like an angry terrier

It was Frickin' cold, and I don't get cold easy. We decided to give the only local course that was open a shot. It was at a little higher altitude. I doubt it got over 35 and 15-20mph winds. There were snow flurries for the first 6 holes and the last 3.

I should have driven further south. Finished with a 102. Not bad considering it was 6600 yards from the whites and I was bundled up and wore ear muffs on the golf course for the first time. I just hate winter gloves, lose all feel especially around the greens. I normally chip and putt with no glove, and having two makes it tough to judge anything.

Should hopefully be the last really cold weekend.

Shot 98. Had a few too many blowup holes in my round today, and couldn't get any putts to drop. Still, my short game was a lot sharper than it's been, maybe I didn't get much from off the green in super close, but at least I was getting the shots on the green, and giving myself chances.

Having some troubles with the timing on my full swing right now. With the stretching and better flexibility, I'm trying to get more of a shoulder turn and coil than I've previously had. If I had a simpler one-plane swing more shoulder turn wouldn't be such a timing issue, but with my upright style of swing, it can mess with my timing.

Man, I just would like a little less wind this coming weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520

3. 15,301