• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What a shaft...

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Reaction score
...the new Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki is! I hit it in the FTi-Q Tour and loved the feel & kick but the head didn't suit me... That was in the glued version which I promptly exchanged. I'm currently playing a 8.5 degree FT5 Tour I-Mix and it came with the Aldila DVS shaft which was a nice combo. But I picked up the FTi-Q I-Mix last week with the Fubuki shaft, just for the shaft and wow what a combo the FT5/Fubuki is. No messing the change of shaft has added 10 yards of carry over the DVS, the flight is a little lower but it just keeps going.... The best thing is I sold the FTi-Q/DVS combo for £40 more than I paid for it with the Fubuki. I have a FT9 Tour head on order and I'm really looking forward to seeing how that combo performs. :drool:

Man, glad the Fubuki works for you. It was a spin monster for me in the IQ I had. It is a mighty good looking shaft though, just wish it was a little lower spin for me.

Man, glad the Fubuki works for you. It was a spin monster for me in the IQ I had. It is a mighty good looking shaft though, just wish it was a little lower spin for me.

This is the comment I get from alot of guys on it. Spin machine for higher swing speeds, better for the average joe.

R35

It felt great in the FTi-Q but came into it's own with the lower loft of the FT5 Tour...Sweet Combo...Swinging it around 110mph on the LM up at House of golf, spin and Carry where great, it's an open air range and they were hitting half way up the fence at 260. I can't wait to get the FT9 Tour I-mix to compare.

Really interested to hear what you have to say about the FT-9!

Fubuki?

Now this is a shaft...

speeder761 007.jpg
speeder761 007.jpg

Really interested to hear what you have to say about the FT-9!

I had a FT9 Tour with the Fuji Z-Com. It felt harsh off the face and that shaft just didn't have much feel to it but that said when I hit it, it flew miles and was arrow straight, very high ball flight though for a 9.5 degree head. I'm hoping the 8.5 degree will bring the flight down a little and the Fubuki will add some feel. I love the looks of it at address looks like an FT3 Tour which has been stretched a little from front to back and defenetly looks to sit open. The sole of the club also looks great with the external weights although these did scratch up pretty quickly as they scrape the ground whilst playing a shot. One more thing I noticed was the web weights look to be in exactlly the same place on the Neutral and draw bias heads? :callaway::callaway::callaway:

Bah, haven't found a Fuji that I've got along with yet...

Cute cat though...

The Fubuki interests me, but I've got a lot of other shafts to test first.

What have you tried though? I like a lot of them. Didn't even like the Rombax series. Speeder 757, 857ti and now this are the only ones I like. This one is a tour only shaft, hence why there isn't even a flex on it. Twofast has another one for me as well. Trying to decide whether to build another driver for it or a different 3W. The TEE is no longer looking like such a juggernaut next to the 906 with this bad boy in it.

Sorry to jack MG... ah, no I'm not.
icon12.gif
What would you compare the Fubuki to as far as bend point? Can you feel the shaft flexing in a certain spot? I hated the BB because it always flexed in the tip section, or just above it about a foot before the ball on me, I could seriously feel it kick down low and hated it. The WB on the other hand was much more stable down low but the butt section was weird. I could almost feel it flex under the grip it seemed. The 757 and especially the 761 feel to flex uniform with the tip section nice and stiff. I feel like I can deliver the head and it'll be there every time. Maximum energy transfer.

What have you tried though? I like a lot of them. Didn't even like the Rombax series. Speeder 757, 857ti and now this are the only ones I like. This one is a tour only shaft, hence why there isn't even a flex on it. Twofast has another one for me as well. Trying to decide whether to build another driver for it or a different 3W. The TEE is no longer looking like such a juggernaut next to the 906 with this bad boy in it.

Stock Speeder, Speeder 757, Fit on E160, Fit on M Red, ZCom six, and I think is it the 686?

Not their premium range I know, but enough to turn me off virtually most. Wouldn't mind giving the Rombax series or some of their Tour stuff a shot before I shit-can the lot of them though!

Whack the 761 in the TEE and go nuts mate!

Stock Speeder, Speeder 757, Fit on E160, Fit on M Red, ZCom six, and I think is it the 686?

Not their premium range I know, but enough to turn me off virtually most. Wouldn't mind giving the Rombax series or some of their Tour stuff a shot before I shit-can the lot of them though!

Whack the 761 in the TEE and go nuts mate!

Yeah, other than the real (not Titleist crap) Speeder 757 I don't like any of those anyway. Zcom is a good shaft but not a fit for me. The others are stock garbage shafts, not really Fuji's.

I hit bombs with my fubuki.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424