• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Those look good buddy. I would have held out for PING 2s, but to each their own.
I almost pulled the trigger on the Eye 2's but I've had a set and wanted to give these a shot and they already had my shafts in them. Winning!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Ping Zing 2 Classic irons with matching serial numbers!!!

Zing 2's were one of my favorite Pings EVER!!! I still own a set 2-LW, blue dot. My son has them in a bag, but hasn't touched them in years. We're going to visit them in a couple of weeks and I may "repossess" them!!! Mine are JZ shafts. The 5.5's should be awesome in them.
I kept a couple of the wedges here. Every once in a while I pull one out of the bag downstairs. They look awfully large, after playing the Eye 2+ wedges for the past few years.
Great pickup!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Zing 2's were one of my favorite Pings EVER!!! I still own a set 2-LW, blue dot. My son has them in a bag, but hasn't touched them in years. We're going to visit them in a couple of weeks and I may "repossess" them!!! Mine are JZ shafts. The 5.5's should be awesome in them.
I kept a couple of the wedges here. Every once in a while I pull one out of the bag downstairs. They look awfully large, after playing the Eye 2+ wedges for the past few years.
Great pickup!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty stoked! I have a bid out on the strong lob wedge to finish the set. If I win, I'll put a PX 5.5 in it as well. Fingers crossed.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
S3?? That's something like 57 degrees. Fund wedge. The "L" wedge is like 61 degrees and has hardly any bounce. The S3 has some bounce and is a more versitile wedge than the "L".
This is the make up of the set I got:

Club Loft Lie Length
4 24.0° 61.0° 38.25"
5 27.0° 62.0° 37.75"
6 30.5° 62.5° 37.25"
7 34.5° 63.5° 36.75"
8 38.5° 64.0° 36.25"
9 42.5° 65.0° 35.75"
PW 47.0° 65.0° 35.50"
SW 52.0° 65.5° 35.25"
LS 57.0° 65.5° 35.25"

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
If the red dot is correct, as shown in the photos, they will be 1 degree flat from standard listed lofts.
Yes sir, the Ping static fit says red dot for me. I've been playing black dot and choking down an inch (to flatten the lie) for years. I'm pretty stoked. I know they are 20 years old but I don't give a Shyte! :)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I know they are 20 years old but I don't give a Shyte! :)

My irons are that old... or older. Age has nothing to do with iron playability. Put 'em in the bag. Play 'em until you really get used to them. Learn each one's pesonality. They will give you many years of enjoyment.
We're making our first trip to Ft. Campbell in a couple of weeks. Once we see how the kids are settled in, we'll be making some more trips that way over the next few years. I still want to get together, one of those times, and I expect to see those Zing 2's!!!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
My irons are that old... or older. Age has nothing to do with iron playability. Put 'em in the bag. Play 'em until you really get used to them. Learn each one's pesonality. They will give you many years of enjoyment.
We're making our first trip to Ft. Campbell in a couple of weeks. Once we see how the kids are settled in, we'll be making some more trips that way over the next few years. I still want to get together, one of those times, and I expect to see those Zing 2's!!!!!
I play the i3 blades, those came out 1999-2000. I hit them better than any iron I have ever owned.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.