• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Ordered a PRGR launch monitor, just arrived the other day so I’m looking forward to trying it out!
This little gizmo is some cool!! I realize the PRGR isn’t one of the flashy and pricey units, but it sure seems to do it all. Or all I need it to!

So far the kids and I have seen how fast we can throw a ball, kick one and sprint! LOL think they are having more fun than I am! Measuring swing speed is a lot of fun and as for its ability to measure distance, it does that very well too!! Does anyone else have any experience with one?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
One never wants to review golf clubs after the first round or two with them. It's still the "honeymoon"! The Epic irons did most everything on-line reviews said they would. They are long... mainly due to the jacked lofts. They are forgiving. And, they don't have any "brakes". Being used to my old Eye 2's that would stop on a dime, the Epics want to hit the green and roll 15 to 20 feet. On postage stamp greens, that means they end up off the back side. By the last few holes, got that issue fairly well tuned in. Three birdies and a smooth 79... while missing some makeable putts. Just having trouble... at 75 years old... flying a bunker... landing a ball on the green... from 128 yards... with a pitching wedge. That just ain't right. Stuck an 8 iron to 1 foot on a 156 yard par 3. Depending on wind, I've been hitting a 5-iron or 6-iron on that hole.
They're a little flatter than I'm used to. Will see how the next couple days go. May have my buddy bend them up 2 degrees.
And, hate to admit it, but if these stay in the bag I'll be investing in a set of iron covers. Dang, these are purty and look like they might show club chatter. The old Pings cold withstand a ballpein hammer blow and not mark up.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Phase II of the hack sticks have arrived.

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo “irons”.
5 through PW.
Project X Cypher graphite shafts Stiff 6.0, Soft stepped.
- 1/4 inch, Upright 1 degree.
Goff Pride Victory +4 midsize grips.

My specs since I had a Ping fitting for a set of Ping i10’s has been + 1/4 Blue Dot (up 1 deg) and have had success with those specs when custom ordering clubs since. (I use a lie board when working out new clubs and if they are standard lie those contact marks are off center towards the toe) Of course, in the name of distance on the launch monitor for marketing purposes, OEM’s have been adding length to iron shafts (just like driver shafts) which make it harder to figure out what is standard length anymore. Cleveland essentially is telling you this by offering its clubs in an “accuracy build” which is a 1/2 inch shorter…aka standard length. So, minus 1/4 is actually + 1/4 as it relates to standard length. (and you always thought you would never use fractions again)

Decided to go with Stiff 6.0 and have them soft step the shafts to gain a little shaft weight. Will probably play a tad stiffer than 5.5 but I can live with that in my irons.

Phase III is on the way.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Phase III has arrived…

Tour Edge Exotics C721 Fairway woods.
5 wood and 7 wood lofts.
Fujikura Ventus 4T Core 60 in Reg flex.

I have not had a 5 or 7 wood in the bag since I had Tour Edge Bazooka Carbon fairways in the mid 2000’s. I have some TEE CBX hybrids in the bag now that I can mix in and match as needed. Decided to go the fairway route to get a bit more forgiveness and distance. Besides, my 5 iron on down are essentially hybrids already.

That should complete my Texas bag.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Phase III has arrived…

Tour Edge Exotics C721 Fairway woods.
5 wood and 7 wood lofts.
Fujikura Ventus 4T Core 60 in Reg flex.

I have not had a 5 or 7 wood in the bag since I had Tour Edge Bazooka Carbon fairways in the mid 2000’s. I have some TEE CBX hybrids in the bag now that I can mix in and match as needed. Decided to go the fairway route to get a bit more forgiveness and distance. Besides, my 5 iron on down are essentially hybrids already.

That should complete my Texas bag.
Just added a 7-wood to use on one cantankerous hole. Ending up using it on many more holes than that one!!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Just added a 7-wood to use on one cantankerous hole. Ending up using it on many more holes than that one!!!
I just had not thought about one in a while. I like my hybrids, but let’s face it, if I am at my 3 or 4 hybrid distance out and in the rough chances are I am not getting it there anyway. Off the tee or in the fairway at those distances, I will be more comfortable with a fairway wood that has more forgiveness.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Got a 3 hybrid Calloway mavic uggh
99% sure the shaft , 65g project x is the problem with it. Launches low . So low. Recently in past months have really had the time and rounds with my Hogan vktr hybrids with 75g R recoil shafts. They have become a real help to my game. The Mavik is gonna go back to pga supa store lol
I’ll put the cost towards a push cart !!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, my Callaway Epic irons came and went. Hated them! The 6-iron was as long as my 3 hybrid and ran out about the same. No spin whatsoever. Could not keep a ball on the green. Went in to talk about it with my buddy who owns the golf shop. He laughed and said, "So what do I have you want to replace them with?" Well, I am now the proud owner of a pristine set of Titleist T200 irons... 4-GW. We'll see how I like them tomorrow morning.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Well, my Callaway Epic irons came and went. Hated them! The 6-iron was as long as my 3 hybrid and ran out about the same. No spin whatsoever. Could not keep a ball on the green. Went in to talk about it with my buddy who owns the golf shop. He laughed and said, "So what do I have you want to replace them with?" Well, I am now the proud owner of a pristine set of Titleist T200 irons... 4-GW. We'll see how I like them tomorrow morning.
You are getting to be like WBL and his drivers. 😄

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Hello all, I've been goon for a bit... life got in the way. I sent my MP29s and a titleist putter out for refinish. they look awsome! I am open to selling them as heads only, or assembled, but if not takers, I'll play em.

Attachments

• 20220401_140656.jpg
    20220401_140656.jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220401_140656(1).jpg
    20220401_140656(1).jpg
    917.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220401_140717.jpg
    20220401_140717.jpg
    892.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 20220401_141753.jpg
    20220401_141753.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Hello all, I've been goon for a bit... life got in the way. I sent my MP29s and a titleist putter out for refinish. they look awsome! I am open to selling them as heads only, or assembled, but if not takers, I'll play em.
Rusty has a ton of new Stealth drivers just waiting for you to buy.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Picked up a really clean Anser 3 yesterday. Probably paid too much. $12.00!!! Used it today on the course and made some putts.

🔥 Latest posts