• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Not golf related...but I just ordered myself and my baseball obsessed oldest son custom gloves. I went with normal colors, but my son matched his glove to his traveling tournament team colors.

6-8 weeks for them to be built and shipped though....apparently they keep the cows alive until they get an order...

But seriously I've never seen my Son this excited about anything. I'm pretty pumped as well. I've played baseball/softball most of my life, but never had a quality glove ever, so this is a first for me as well. All my gloves were cheap department store mitts. We'll see if these are any better or not...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Not golf related...but I just ordered myself and my baseball obsessed oldest son custom gloves. I went with normal colors, but my son matched his glove to his traveling tournament team colors.

6-8 weeks for them to be built and shipped though....apparently they keep the cows alive until they get an order...

But seriously I've never seen my Son this excited about anything. I'm pretty pumped as well. I've played baseball/softball most of my life, but never had a quality glove ever, so this is a first for me as well. All my gloves were cheap department store mitts. We'll see if these are any better or not...
When I played I had a really good Rawlings that lasted me my whole life. My daughter has it now. I still like to look at all the custom gloves so I feel you and your son's excitement. Put some pics up. I'd love to see what you're getting.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
This should be here on Thursday.

thumb.aspx

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

That’s super exciting!! And I second the request for some pics. Some of the custom gloves the pros are coming out with are nuts! Have you seen the pitcher with an ice cream cone??

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
That’s super exciting!! And I second the request for some pics. Some of the custom gloves the pros are coming out with are nuts! Have you seen the pitcher with an ice cream cone??
When I played I had a really good Rawlings that lasted me my whole life. My daughter has it now. I still like to look at all the custom gloves so I feel you and your son's excitement. Put some pics up. I'd love to see what you're getting.
Will definitely post some pictures when we get them. I was actually looking into Rawlings 'Pro Preferred' and 'Heart of the Hide' models along with the other mainstay of quality gloves the Wilson A2000. However, the Heart of the Hide are $350 and pro preferred are $400. That's off the shelf models...if you want it custom, they're more. The A2000 is slightly cheaper at $300 off the shelf and $350 I think custom.

Just too much for me. I play in 2 softball leagues and play a lot of catch with my boys along with some coaching. So it gets used, but I still can't justify a $400+ glove for myself or a 9 year old. They're beautiful though, and worth the money for those that play a ton or just have the extra cash.

I ordered mine from S2N which is a Wisconsin based company and started by a friend of two of the coaches on my son's travel team. Fully custom gloves for about $220 shipped. My Son's is from 44 pro, with the Easter discount, his was $155 for fully custom. Both are fully Japanese Kip leather...which is what the Rawlings and Wilson are made of as well. Most reviews on YouTube say they're about 80-90% as good, but for the price, they're better value.

So mine is just regular tan leather color with black trim. Didn't really need a custom glove for those colors, but S2N doesn't really carry any 'stock' gloves. Everything they do is custom...so I go mine custom too.

🔥 Latest posts