• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Are those graphite shafts? If so, I want them.
YES!! Project X Catalyst 6.0. That is comparable to "S" flex. Played them this morning. A little cool and damp. But, they played really well!! Three birds!!! With a new set of irons that you don't have zeroed in, yet, that many birds is amazing!!

Understand, I play "S" flex in almost everything. Driver, Mini 1.5, hybrids, and irons. Why? I'm 75 years old!!! My swing is like a tornado hitting a hurricane!! If it was videoed, the video would be "X" rated! Every time I've tried "R" of "SR" flex shafts, I have no idea where the ball is going or how far. I hit my driver and irons as long or longer than anyone else in our group. So, why sacrifice accuracy??

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Because you're old and SUPPOSED to use old man shafts. Actually I just this year went to regular flex and so far so good. They probably added 75 yards to my distance.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Wife unit heard me talking about the golf bag situation...got me a Sun Mountain 4.5LS bag for my birthday.

I used it today when I played 18 with some guys from work at a private club...it's fantastic. Very light, 14 full length dividers which I absolutely have to have. A spot for the cart strap to go UNDER the pockets...that's a great feature. The pockets are great, loops are great, shoulder straps are great....everything about this bag is great. Go buy one. Now.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Got my custom glove on Thursday and my Son's comes today.

I'll include my pictures here and his later...as I said, mine is pretty tame, I don't like the flashy colors. This thing is STIFF. I've never had a glove this stiff before...literally could not close it half way right out of the box. Took quite a bit of manipulation of the heel to get it to the point where I could even play catch with it. I've played catch with my son for about an hour total now and it's going to need probably another 10 hours lol

The leather is fantastic. I can't explain what is fantastic about it, but it's buttery smooth and feels amazing. Deer leather palm is very nice, the finger stalls are nicely sized, stitching is well done, laces are really good quality. I put in the suggestions box that I play two in the pinky and they definitely left a larger pinky stall than my buddies S2N glove. So that's pretty cool that they take into account your playing style and personal comments on the build of the glove.

TvTvkQO.jpg

xmK77r1.jpg

jceXqkf.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Here's my son's.

The leather on his is also great. Just as stiff if not slightly stiffer than mine. The wrist opening is quite a bit smaller than mine though...so for him, it's perfect. A bit too small for me...but as he grows he will stretch it out. I think the colors look great. I actually like his tan color better than mine, but his travel team colors are blue with red trim so I think it goes very well with that. Will try to get a pic of him in his uni with the glove some time. He's pumped and can't wait to get it out to play catch with it. We've worked on it today on my breaks trying to break it in and get it to close enough that he can actually catch a ball with it. He pretty much couldn't close it at all right out of the box. Now he can at least get the fingers and thumb to touch.

1AniELN.jpg

KOjNgYM.jpg

wtYb5Dh.jpg

cF01gwd.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
What WBL said! Those look great!!
Now those gloves are SEXY!!!
Thanks! We spent a bunch of time tonight playing catch and working towards breaking them in.

Definitely not game ready yet though...although mine is getting somewhat close. His needs quite a bit more.

I have an uncle that used to play catch with me a LOT when I was a kid. My dad wasn't really into sports at all, so my uncle is who got me into baseball. We actually went in with a few family members and bought him a gift card for a custom glove and let him design it. So I'll have pictures of another one in a few months. We went down to his house today and played catch with him a bit in the yard.

It's tough watching the men that used to seem so strong when I was a kid grow older and now have a tough time even throwing a ball. He fought through the pain to play catch with my boy though. We all know he probably (definitely) won't get much use out of this custom other than a random game of catch with me or my kids, but he did so much for me growing up and he's doing the same for my kids that we knew we had to get him one. He's insanely excited...texts me a few times a week asking if there are any updates on the glove lol

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Thanks! We spent a bunch of time tonight playing catch and working towards breaking them in.

Definitely not game ready yet though...although mine is getting somewhat close. His needs quite a bit more.

I have an uncle that used to play catch with me a LOT when I was a kid. My dad wasn't really into sports at all, so my uncle is who got me into baseball. We actually went in with a few family members and bought him a gift card for a custom glove and let him design it. So I'll have pictures of another one in a few months. We went down to his house today and played catch with him a bit in the yard.

It's tough watching the men that used to seem so strong when I was a kid grow older and now have a tough time even throwing a ball. He fought through the pain to play catch with my boy though. We all know he probably (definitely) won't get much use out of this custom other than a random game of catch with me or my kids, but he did so much for me growing up and he's doing the same for my kids that we knew we had to get him one. He's insanely excited...texts me a few times a week asking if there are any updates on the glove lol
The cycle of life. That's why it is so important to spend the time with your kids... today... playing catch or doing most anything. All of a sudden, they are grown... with kids... and those kids with kids... and you slobber your food as the CNA at the nursing home tries to feed you.
I'm supposed to go out with one of my wife's widowed friends this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon to buy her a tv. Hers went out a week after her husband died. She is scared to death of a "smart" tv. Then, Friday, another of the wife's lady friends is having a chair delivered. She ordered it on line so will come disassembled. Guess who gets to go put it together. And, while there, put a new lock on her screen door. Of the six ladies that meet every Monday for coffee, 4 are in their 80's and alone. No one around to help with the simple tasks... unless they pay someone.

Go play catch!!! Take them fishing, hunting, playing golf, to the movies... whatever it takes to just have them ready to come play catch with you when you have to have a little help getting down the steps to the yard.

Yes... the cycle of life......

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Two things!

A 12 lesson package, today was first lesson. I’m quite happy with it. Actual real change and the reason for it. Just one change for now. Along with observational tips Outdoors, but on a mat. I can deal with the mat.

next up . NEW IRONS !! Of course!
And used them at lesson. I really like them.
Like new , Calla-no-ways, Apex Pro 19’s, 5-P, Elevate tour pro vss, R flex.

Today I only used the 8i, but the distance and ball flight/height was great !

once again, I’m am full of hope haha.
Also broke!
Really broke because I lied haha it was really 3 things! Dammit! No self control !
Saw a great deal local new club builder, so I’m getting some pulled shafts put into my Hogan Icon irons.
They are Nippon modus 3 tour 105 in R flex.
Replacing kbs tour v90. It’s all for fun.

Last edited:

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Also. Month ago I order a tittyliest 29 degree hybrid with Atmos ( or is almost) shaft after getting to borrow/ hit one for a bit.
oh man. I got to much crap. Need to sell some others that gather dust

🔥 Latest posts