• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Apologies for the continued non-golf equipment related posts...but my last two softball games have been easily my best defensive performances in a long damn time. I picked a backhand in the hole at shortstop tonight and threw an absolute rocket to first to get him by a half step. I even surprised myself...lol

I'm not saying it's the new glove....but it's the new glove :D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Apologies for the continued non-golf equipment related posts...but my last two softball games have been easily my best defensive performances in a long damn time. I picked a backhand in the hole at shortstop tonight and threw an absolute rocket to first to get him by a half step. I even surprised myself...lol

I'm not saying it's the new glove....but it's the new glove :D
friends-chandler.gif

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Purchased a Ping 410 driver, ladies flex. Hit a number of them at the store and hit best with this, with the loft at 12.0 flat (yep, I’m short).
Can't go wrong with Ping!!!! You'll enjoy this driver. Good luck with it!!!!!

SashaB

Jun 9, 2022
Country
Thanks! I’m loving it! Hitting straight, getting some height and I’ll just keep practicing my swing so I can get the distance.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Sometimes an addiction overpowers common sense. BIG bag upset. Getting worse than WBL!!! (I don't think that's a compliment to my making good choices in life!!!) Will be posting the new bag makeup in the next few days. In the meantime... They're purty as all heck, but can I hit 'em????

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Sometimes an addiction overpowers common sense. BIG bag upset. Getting worse than WBL!!! (I don't think that's a compliment to my making good choices in life!!!) Will be posting the new bag makeup in the next few days. In the meantime... They're purty as all heck, but can I hit 'em????
Another set of irons?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
You'll just have to wait. Maybe trying to add to my iron collection. Maybe trying to beat WBL's driver record. Maybe a new putter... wedges... ???? Who knows.
Pretty sure it’s new irons. They are your kryptonite, like drivers to WBL.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Tour Edge E722 Exotics driver. Air Speeder shaft Played it today. VERY forgiving. Good sound and feel. Consistent. Straight ball or baby draw. Seemed a bit shorter than my Epic Speed. But, I had it turned up to 14 degrees of loft. (It's a 12 degree.) Turned it back down to 12 and will see if I get that 4 or 5 yards back, hopefully tomorrow.

A simply stunning set of Srixon irons!
4-iron ZX5
5 and 6 irons ZX7
7, 8, 9, and PW Z-Forged blades

Doubt they were hit more than once, if that. Were a demo set from a dealer. My local golf shop is doing some touch up on loft and lie and changing grips for me. Should have them by Monday.

Can I hit 'em??? Who knows. All I know is they have the Nippon steel shafts and you can hardly feel the ball leave the clubface. Not "mushy"! Just the feel of pure blade that makes your eyes begin to tear up with joy. Only hit them in the fitting bay. All I've read about the way the sole attacks the turf makes me want to get them to the course.

I'm not good enough to play pure blades. Yet, some of my best rounds were with the Ping iBlades. One of my aces was with a Titleist 690mb iron. Our course has a few holes where you can score better if you can turn your irons right to left and left to right. Blades make working the ball so much easier. My problem can be overdoing the "working" part.

Unique combo set is intriguing. The appeal of butter soft 1020 carbon steel is orgasmic... if you are a solid iron player. Am I?? Guess we'll see.....

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Tour Edge E722 Exotics driver. Air Speeder shaft Played it today. VERY forgiving. Good sound and feel. Consistent. Straight ball or baby draw. Seemed a bit shorter than my Epic Speed. But, I had it turned up to 14 degrees of loft. (It's a 12 degree.) Turned it back down to 12 and will see if I get that 4 or 5 yards back, hopefully tomorrow.

A simply stunning set of Srixon irons!
4-iron ZX5
5 and 6 irons ZX7
7, 8, 9, and PW Z-Forged blades

Doubt they were hit more than once, if that. Were a demo set from a dealer. My local golf shop is doing some touch up on loft and lie and changing grips for me. Should have them by Monday.

Can I hit 'em??? Who knows. All I know is they have the Nippon steel shafts and you can hardly feel the ball leave the clubface. Not "mushy"! Just the feel of pure blade that makes your eyes begin to tear up with joy. Only hit them in the fitting bay. All I've read about the way the sole attacks the turf makes me want to get them to the course.

I'm not good enough to play pure blades. Yet, some of my best rounds were with the Ping iBlades. One of my aces was with a Titleist 690mb iron. Our course has a few holes where you can score better if you can turn your irons right to left and left to right. Blades make working the ball so much easier. My problem can be overdoing the "working" part.

Unique combo set is intriguing. The appeal of butter soft 1020 carbon steel is orgasmic... if you are a solid iron player. Am I?? Guess we'll see.....
Those are the irons I'm looking at hopefully for next year.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
FYI…Rock Bottom Golf, Tour Edge C721 woods and hybrids on close out for under $150 each. Run, don’t walk.

Picked up a C721 15* 3W with a Fuji Ventus shaft and C721 Pro 20* Hybrid for less than $300.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
the Titty 29degree hybrid arrived today. brought it to work. once evenrrything settles down here (i work 7pm to 7am), I will hit a few crap balls into the nearby woods. :)

🔥 Latest posts