• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
the Titty 29degree hybrid arrived today. brought it to work. once evenrrything settles down here (i work 7pm to 7am), I will hit a few crap balls into the nearby woods. :)
"Work"?? What is this four-letter word of which you speak? Something in my memory wants me to think I heard that word some years ago. IIRC, it was some evil word that caused pain and frustration. In recent times, the only thing I have found frustrating is a game called "golf". I now have to tolerate that frustration on a daily basis. Is "work" something one does most days? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Boy, been an age since I’ve been back on this site, hope this finds you all well!
I thought of you guys because I got my first brand new set of irons this week, did the whole custom fitting 9 yards and got a brandy new set of Mizuno JPX 921 forged. Got fitted for the Project X IO 6.0, +1/4” and 2° up.
I wanted something that was giving me more forgiveness than my MP-57’s and that also had lighter, more stable, and higher launching shafts than the DG s300’s. So glad I went back to PX like I used to have in my callaway X-forged.
I also placed an order for a new Driver, TSI4 with a Tour AD IZ 6X, so I can’t wait for that to come in.
Once again hope all is well with you guys, I might take some time in the next couple of days to try and catch up with y’all and update you guys with how I’ve been doing.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
first 3 swings ugly. not ready to swing. last one was more bettah swing. ball went a long ways, good flight.
of course it will fall apart on the Course :)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Boy, been an age since I’ve been back on this site, hope this finds you all well!
I thought of you guys because I got my first brand new set of irons this week, did the whole custom fitting 9 yards and got a brandy new set of Mizuno JPX 921 forged. Got fitted for the Project X IO 6.0, +1/4” and 2° up.
I wanted something that was giving me more forgiveness than my MP-57’s and that also had lighter, more stable, and higher launching shafts than the DG s300’s. So glad I went back to PX like I used to have in my callaway X-forged.
I also placed an order for a new Driver, TSI4 with a Tour AD IZ 6X, so I can’t wait for that to come in.
Once again hope all is well with you guys, I might take some time in the next couple of days to try and catch up with y’all and update you guys with how I’ve been doing.
Another voice from the past!! How ya doin', youngun??? Wasn't it the Coast Guard or Merchant Marine you served in? Still there? Hope life is treating you well!!!!!!!

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Another voice from the past!! How ya doin', youngun??? Wasn't it the Coast Guard or Merchant Marine you served in? Still there? Hope life is treating you well!!!!!!!
Got my 3rd engineer’s license, went to school to be a mariner, but I’m not really using it right now. I’m working in Biopharmaceuticals here at home. Other than that life is treating me pretty dang well, and I’ve been getting back into the game after not playing a lot for about 2 seasons. But my career is treating me well and this season is the first time I’ll have a full set of new clubs, so I really excited about that.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Bought a 33” SC studio stainless in pretty decent shape on eBay, should be another fun fixer upper. I’m just bummed it didn’t come with the original HC

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
Bought a new bag, a Taylormade something or other from my club’s shop, and finally got some closeups of the new Mizzys! The T22 wedges and Sim 3 wood are new this season as well!
085D7F39-B1A6-4B8F-9959-E481AB997322.jpeg
D2AC9129-0C29-42A6-8D79-2F7E8E1B7BB3.jpeg
56B0B938-6B4F-45DF-9B7C-597CBD1BEC09.jpeg

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
More of the opposite, just sold these for $375, they served me somewhat well, but I was never truly happy with them. Not forgiving enough and ill fitting. Got them off the used rack for $145 like two years ago with brand new grips, but they were at about 2 deg flat and an inch long. S300 shafts have always been too heavy for my liking too. So I can’t complain in the slightest, and I’m thrilled with the price
The thing I will miss the most is the looks, these were gorgeous with the perfect amount of forged chrome bag chatter. They also had amazing feel, but even slight miss hits even though they felt great, would lose easily 10-12 yards. So they were punishing without the feedback which can be highly frustrating.
It’s been a good eBay season for me, I’ve netted about $700 to date this year, and I still have a few more sticks to unload. It does help offset the cost of essentially replacing my entire bag this season though.

8C5D45EC-7E8A-4C35-8861-304E96DD73D5.jpeg
660D8481-20FA-4DC0-8B00-098E205F8732.jpeg
92c846e5-f304-4eb5-86b1-3bdc87e28827-jpeg.32482
D4566347-6CDC-4779-9017-4B430A26E2E7.jpeg

Attachments

• 92C846E5-F304-4EB5-86B1-3BDC87E28827.jpeg
    92C846E5-F304-4EB5-86B1-3BDC87E28827.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 229

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Congrats!

🔥 Latest posts