• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Well, I was tempted...

A Tiger Woods autographed putter just sold for $328,577.00. A few months ago, a set of irons he used sold for $5 million.

Why?? Guess what us Shot Talkers pay for our bags of golf clubs ain't as bad as it could be. Of course, doubt that putter or those irons will ever see green grass again.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well, I was tempted...

A Tiger Woods autographed putter just sold for $328,577.00. A few months ago, a set of irons he used sold for $5 million.

Why?? Guess what us Shot Talkers pay for our bags of golf clubs ain't as bad as it could be. Of course, doubt that putter or those irons will ever see green grass again.
People are CRAZY!!!

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
A used Atmos black 60s. … stuck it in my TM SIM. Like it very much. The driver had a ventus blue 60s

also traded back in to pga store an odyssey nano 7 putter for the double wide odyssey. Feels really nice
So my 3 putts… will make the ball happier I guess lol

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
I still can not get over what a difference the Atmos shaft made. lol. It is all I think about. Not a range honeymoon mind you, it has been on the course for a full two days haha. but no really it is awesome
not just awesome, MY DRIVER IS A BEAST!!!!

I feel like contacting Fuji and tell them keep making them. as a public service!

so now I can either find another one to put in the Tsi2 or sell the TSi2. either way I should get another shaft as backup!

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Well heck. I am waiting on a set of “mint” - per 2nd swing golf ,
Of Mizuno Jpx 921 forged irons. (Not hot metals)
Maybe the magic irons or maybe just hit it further 45 degrees from target…
Now trying to sell my set of Calloway apex 19 pros. Hate them . Could be the elevate 95 shafts… I don’t know and don’t care at this point lol!
I guess merry Christmas to me haha

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Geek Golf Dot Com This 5W and 7W

(3j Project X Even Flow Red 5.5 flex

I received a free Dot Com This 3W head a while back and never shafted it up so it has been sitting on a shelf for a while. Enthused with the performance of my TEE 721 fairways in 5W and 7W, I have been perusing end of season deals to see if I could find a set of FW’s to add to my Texas bag when I ship my TEE’s back East to the Florida bag. So far, no good deals or no stock (damn pandemic golf boom) to be had so I reverted back to my golf club addiction roots and started looking at components.

It safe to say that the golden era of golf head components peaked in the 90’s and early 2000’s. Some of the biggest names have left the business (Golfsmith, Wishon) or reduced the number models available (Golfworks/Maltby) so pickings are slim. Thus, I ended up with Geek Golf’s Dot Com This fairway heads (circa 2008). The Evenflow Reds were a no brainer once I located a source. I love the Evenflow Blue in my driver and was looking for a higher launch option for my fairways.

At the end of the day, it cost me less for the components on the three fairways than a single fairway would set me back so it’s a relatively cheap experiment.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Had tried to cozy up to the Tour Edge driver. When you caught the perfect spot on the face... dead center and a little lower than center... it would really shine. Zero forgiveness across the face. I ain't good 'nuff to hit the center of the clubface every time. Sound was good. Feel was good. Just totally unpredictable re distance. It went bye-bye, today. Went back to a Callaway Epic Speed.

May be making a total bag change. I MUST NOT ever purchase another set of forged irons!!! Anal about my clubs. Grit my teeth when the guys I play with toss their clubs back in the bag with no thought of bag chatter marks, etc. I almost refuse to hit on of my forged blades from a sand trap. Would rather blade a ball on the ground out of an area that could have some hidden rocks than try to make a good swing and scar a club. My old Eye 2's are impervious to bag chatter and sand damage. Gonna kiss the Srixon's goodbye and replace with some cast clubs. Got my eyes on a pristine set of Titleist T300 irons. Right shafts. Right grips. Need to talk my golf shop down a few dollars.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Really gotta find me a 5w that just speaks to me, says, “I’m the one!” And then this damn itch with be scratched!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Total bag pretty well done over. Here's new lineup...

Driver: Callaway Speed
Fairway wood: Callaway Mini 1.5
Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 3h and 4h
irons: Titleist T300 5-P, GW
Wedges: Cleveland GBX 52, Titleist Vokey 56
Putter: Ping My Echo
(New in bold)

And, now it's too cold to play! Hit the driver for 9 holes a couple days ago. Seemed to work okay. Anxious to hit the Super Hybrids. Sorta like short shafted fairways. My golf shop buddy says the reason they didn't sell was the high cost. Way more expensive when they came out than any other hybrids. He was moving some of these out and gave me a heck of a deal. $100/each, new never hit. Hope to be able to play by Friday.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Total bag pretty well done over. Here's new lineup...

Driver: Callaway Speed
Fairway wood: Callaway Mini 1.5
Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 3h and 4h
irons: Titleist T300 5-P, GW
Wedges: Cleveland GBX 52, Titleist Vokey 56
Putter: Ping My Echo
(New in bold)

And, now it's too cold to play! Hit the driver for 9 holes a couple days ago. Seemed to work okay. Anxious to hit the Super Hybrids. Sorta like short shafted fairways. My golf shop buddy says the reason they didn't sell was the high cost. Way more expensive when they came out than any other hybrids. He was moving some of these out and gave me a heck of a deal. $100/each, new never hit. Hope to be able to play by Friday.
Now change your signature list of clubs.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Now change your signature list of clubs.
Yes, Sir! Done, Sir! Ain't gonna be able to play 'em for a few days. Oklahoma really sucks and drew some of that winter air down from the frigid north. No snow, to speak of. Highs in the mid 30's for the next couple days. Beginning Sunday, highs in the 20's with lows in single digits.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
It's 10° F here.
Last cold day, here, for a while. High of 28 F today. Upper 50's to low 60's by Sunday and early next week. 40's tomorrow. Talked to Superintendent, yesterday. May get the course back open tomorrow afternoon.

🔥 Latest posts