• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

i25's lost one of the CTP weights right off the bat. Ping offered to repair under warranty. Before I could get them sent off to Ping, my local shop got in a really nice set of i230's, 5-UW. Made me a heck of a deal. Was able to return the i25's where I got them for credit.
When in to pick up the i230's, got to looking at bags. My old cart bag was purchased in '08 or '09. Had been a great bag, but one of the zippers finally gave up. Poor thing has quite a few rounds on her.
The shop had a new C130 sitting there staring at me. When I tossed it in with the i235's, the deal got even sweeter. So, I walked out with the irons and the bag. Have 1 slot I may still switch clubs on before this arctic front leaves and we get back to the course.
pichost

Hello all... Well, I've been away from here for a while and to be honest, forgot about it. The last thing I posted was getting the Miuras. Well, the fitter did me dirty and recommended too heavy of a shaft. I put the 125s in and couldn't find the face. I did some testing at home in the shop with the i95, i110, and i125.... And wouldn't you know it, I've been playing the right shafts. I ordered the i95s and LOVE THESE CLUBS! Picked up a few more Callaway fitting heads and shafts, as well as the Srixon ZX4,5,and 7. Club work has slowed down a bit, and lessons are appearing as well, but winter sim Leagues are still going. Hope you guys are all doing well. Cheers.

i25's lost one of the CTP weights right off the bat. Ping offered to repair under warranty. Before I could get them sent off to Ping, my local shop got in a really nice set of i230's, 5-UW. Made me a heck of a deal. Was able to return the i25's where I got them for credit.
When in to pick up the i230's, got to looking at bags. My old cart bag was purchased in '08 or '09. Had been a great bag, but one of the zippers finally gave up. Poor thing has quite a few rounds on her.
The shop had a new C130 sitting there staring at me. When I tossed it in with the i235's, the deal got even sweeter. So, I walked out with the irons and the bag. Have 1 slot I may still switch clubs on before this arctic front leaves and we get back to the course.
pichost
To the new bag and new irons, I've added 2 more "newbies". Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 driver and Callaway Rogue ST 7 wood. Almost an entirely new setup for 2024.

An almost totally different bag than last season. First round today.

i230 irons. The grooves are as good or better at checking up balls on the green as my old Eye 2's. #12, on of the old codgers accused me of cheating because the balls had been stopping on the greens all day. (He was one that owed me money after the round!)

The Rogue ST Max driver is gonna be good. Long. A little more demanding than the Epic Speed I'd been using. Change shafts after the round and will see if it makes any difference tomorrow,

Rogue ST Max 7 wood only got used once. Pulled my drive too far left and had a 15' tree between me and the green. What the heck! Let's give it a try. Cleared the tree and came up about 3 yards short of the green.

Rusty swing since not playing since the first week of January. Ended up taking the old codgers for some pocket change. Fun day!!!

Last thing I bought for golf was my TM irons back in early 2022...They have been great. Even given my lack of time for golfing I hit them very well.

I'll probably have to buy more golf balls this year. I think the last time I ordered any was back in 2018(at least, that's what my records show). That's mainly because when I ordered a box of 50 (I play used) it didn't deliver, so they sent out another box which I got. Then, 3 months later, some random dude showed up with my first box. Contacted the company because I hadn't even opened either box as it was winter. I offered to send one of them back; they told me to keep both. It's probably cheaper to just let me keep it vs paying for return shipping and re-stocking.

So I'll keep buying from Lost golf balls. Maybe I'll look up and see what they got today.

Weird. As I was typing this message, I got an email from Lost Golf Balls...

Local store was clearing out some new/old Tour Edge Exotics. Picked up a C721 3-wood. A little snow this morning so may be Monday before I get a chance to try it out.

The Rogue ST driver has come around. Just took some getting used to. The youngest old codger in the group, he's just 70, is the only one who is outdriving me now. But, he's in the trees or deep stuff about as often as in the fairway. The Rogue finds fairways as long as I don't try to overpower it.

The i230's are also coming along. Reviews talked about the excessive bounce. Getting used to that and had 12 GIR's on our postage stamp greens, yesterday. Three birds. And, any greens I missed I was just off the edge. Playing in way too many clothes due to the cold temps, I was pretty excited how the irons performed.

The old Anser 3 was one I picked up from the used bin for, IIRC, $15.00. Was 33". Out of a whim, stretched it to 35" and put on a Lamkin Sink Fit Straight grip. Has made a big difference. My other Ping putters may just have to reside in the basement for the foreseeable future.

A skiff of snow today. 70's again by next week.

I know you guys buy something every six hours, but I wanted to show you my new driver. Haven’t bought anything since 2015 and new…. Probably since 2009 whenI bought my W/S irons.
it’s not much but it’s honest work ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_0806.jpeg
    IMG_0806.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
I know you guys buy something every six hours, but I wanted to show you my new driver. Haven’t bought anything since 2015 and new…. Probably since 2009 whenI bought my W/S irons.
The Cobra drivers are getting good reviews. Son-in-law plays a Cobra from about 3 years ago and smashes it!! When he joins us old codgers on weekends, it's fun to watch. He's always in the fairway and 100 yards longer than us. But, he cannot chip and putt!! We'll "creep up on it" and make him mad as we score better.

Have fun with the new driver. Get out to play some golf this season!!!!!!!

Nice!!

Well, I've been playing clubs that look like I'm a stud. Have had fun with them and haven't played too bad. Yet, it seems just this past year or so, it really takes some hard concentration to make the glittery stuff work all the time. So...

Beginning another bag shake up. Picked up a set of Cleveland UHX irons, 4-PW, And, went to graphite shafts. The UHX irons are definitely 'game improvement'. But, I'm an aged, feeble, over-the-hill old codger!!!! Stuck them in the bag today and birdied the first hole! Of course, the rest of the day didn't go quite a well...but was reasonably happy.

Grabbed a 50 degree Cleveland gap wedge also. With a 46 degree PW, the 50 worked well to fill the gap.

Didn't use a single fairway wood all day. Had left my hybrids at home on purpose. The UHX 4-iron is a beast. 20 degree loft. Will take some time to get used to the jacked up lofts and the graphite shafts.

Today was my 35th round of 2024. Couse shut down a couple weeks in January due to record cold. Traveled for 3 days last weekend. So, 35 rounds by mid March ain't too bad.

For the year, up $11.25 from the old guys in our quarter games. Had a huge February, but March ain't been kind, money wise. Maybe if I win 2 or 3 dollars tomorrow, I can begin looking at another putter!! :>)

Picked up a Paradym X driver a few days ago. Put my typical midsize grips on the UHX's, new wedge and new driver. Owning my own cart, was easy to make sure I had at least 16 clubs with me...even though I probably didn't use more than 10 or 12 during the round. With how the UHX's are performing, down to about 11 or 12 clubs and playing just as good...or better.

Found a Titleist TSR3 driver some guy bought this year, took it to the range and didn't like it. I traded in my Stealth 2 for it after trying it on the range. After I set up for me I hit four straight beautiful drives striped down the middle and that was that. It's in the bag. Will try it on the course Monday.

Ordered 3 wedges that came in Adams tom watson 52,54,60.

Attachments

• wedges.jpg
    wedges.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781