• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is the most difficult shot for you?

4 or 5 iron off hardpan. Add a downhill lie and I'm really in trouble. :(

I came off a patch that was so dry the other day my 5-iron made sparks when it came through. I guess the fact that I saw them proves to me that I don't look up too soon.

I planted it perfectly in the approach today, ended up in an old divot in deadpan on the fairway. I really tried to descend on that ball, but it just wasn't going to have it. Hit it pretty thin.

Definatly a 30-50 yard pitch shot! who can knock those close i mean really

Definatly a 30-50 yard pitch shot! who can knock those close i mean really

If I get really clean contact I can get it to fly nicely to the pin and have a 5 foot putt. Its just a matter of practicing your pitching a LOT. At practice a few days ago the coach had us pitch balls to each other, and I was making them drop and roll to the kid's foot. Once you pitch like 10,000 shots you will get good. Its all a mater of gauging the amount of swing you need.

Shot requiring a gentle draw. A big draw I can do, but a I tend to over cook.
what wrks for me with gentle draws is if i swing just normal like if i were trying to hit it straight meaning im not trying to release the head faster which is what i assume ur talkin about by overcooking....and i just fiddle with my stance ...so basically i take normal swing down my target line and my put my front foot towards the ball maybe 3- 5 inches..and it will give me about 5-10 yards of draw with a 5 iron..knowing it will vary with each club

My 60* LW ;)

Use to have trouble with this shot and picked this cheap club u[p, and am in love with it:D

I hear ya, same here, I can open the face up on my 60º and float that baby in there most of the time now. You just have to practice it enough.

My trouble shot is a big cut or fade around some trees with the 3 wood or a long iron.

I have more trouble with 50 yrds in than anything. But I got a new 58* RAC and that thing has been giving me fits every since I first touched it. I can hat a parfect shot from 25 yards then turn around and hit the same exact shot and way under it and it goes 10 feet or heel it over the green. But I have been playing more the last 3 weeks and have gotten a bit better with it. I just need to go out back and prictice every day with it. But man that club is annoying. Its cost me a ton of strokes.

Oh, another aweful shot? Low fade. I can hit a low draw with ease, even low straight. But that fade with the stinger trajectory is such a pain.

I have more trouble with 50 yrds in than anything. But I got a new 58* RAC and that thing has been giving me fits every since I first touched it. I can hat a parfect shot from 25 yards then turn around and hit the same exact shot and way under it and it goes 10 feet or heel it over the green. But I have been playing more the last 3 weeks and have gotten a bit better with it. I just need to go out back and prictice every day with it. But man that club is annoying. Its cost me a ton of strokes.

Hula hoop and a shag bag, man. I have a hula hoop I throw down in a random spot in the yard and a couple dozen balls I drop at my feet. Hit the balls into the hoop. When they're all gone walk to the hoop, chunk it across the yard and repeat. Do at least a couple of rounds a night.

Two drawbacks - First, your yard will look like SHIT in no time. Doesn't bother me, but the wife doesn't care for it. Second, after hitting 100 or so little flops/pitches/chips, you're almost powerless against the draw of taking a full swing. As such your stash of practice balls diminishes every day by at least one. Find a good place to buy cheap used/junk balls every so often.

The tee shot on number 1 of my home course. Stupidly tight, most would hit a 5iron off the tee. However, the hole is a 498 yard par 4. You need to really be on your game to hit a GIR.

The tee shot on number 1 of my home course. Stupidly tight, most would hit a 5iron off the tee. However, the hole is a 498 yard par 4. You need to really be on your game to hit a GIR.

See, and that just screams at me: Poorly designed first hole.

Two of the most integral holes in course design are first and last. They should be designed accordingly. Not to piss you off from the start, but to begin with a subtle challenge before the punches start coming.

Hula hoop and a shag bag, man. I have a hula hoop I throw down in a random spot in the yard and a couple dozen balls I drop at my feet. Hit the balls into the hoop. When they're all gone walk to the hoop, chunk it across the yard and repeat. Do at least a couple of rounds a night.

Two drawbacks - First, your yard will look like SHIT in no time. Doesn't bother me, but the wife doesn't care for it. Second, after hitting 100 or so little flops/pitches/chips, you're almost powerless against the draw of taking a full swing. As such your stash of practice balls diminishes every day by at least one. Find a good place to buy cheap used/junk balls every so often.

:) Great idea. I have 2 acres behind my house so the yard deal is not an issue. I will start working on that today. Oh wait I have to go buy a hula-hoop. LOL Thanks for the tip,

The toughest shot for me is the choke down iron to take spin off on a par 3 tee shot. I seem to always end up pushing them about 20* to the right off of my target line. I have been trying to master this shot as I find that many of the par threes that I play would be better suited to a lower spin let the ball release after it hits kind of shot. But as of right now it is giving me fits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520