• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's for dinner......humble pie!!

Nate Adams

Reaction score
Just need a shoulder to cry on for a minute. Here's the rub....My lastest index posted from my home club had me at an 8.6 handicap. I've been playing "okay" on the home track...shooting low 80's and the occasional 79 which gives me a woodie.
So my father-in-law comes to town for a couple weeks and we have been playing a bunch around town (Abilene, Tx) as well as the course on Dyess AFB where I belong. Anyway, we played at Fairway Oaks this week and I had a 93....horrible!! Then today things really went to hell....We played Diamondback and I scored a 97!! I thought I was having a stroke out there!!
After posting my score on-line, my index has jumped to 20 and I'm wondering what the hell to do to stop the bleeding.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated....is it just a slump or do I really suck?

Enter all your scores. I am at a 10.8 and I'd have to shoot poorly 10times in a row to knock that up. I have plenty of low 80's rounds on there. Even if a 97 were to knock out an 81, there is another 81 ready to take it's place. I believe it's your last 20 scores, 10 best for the cap.

I agree with EZ.

Those scores would never count against your HCP.

Hmmm, that is odd. How many scores do you post often?

You should immediately print out your handicap card and go looking for money games. Find a guy with a Rolex who plays to a 4. Get him to give you 14 strokes, then double the bet if he'll give you 10. Then take his money and buy a box of Kleenex.

Hmmm, that is odd. How many scores do you post often?
Jeff,
That's a good point....I moved to TX 3-4 months ago and this is the first time I've established a true handicap. In the past I did not play enough to keep an index. Now I'm playing more and want to get a handicap going. So far I only have about 20 rounds posted.....so I see what you mean about one really poor round affecting the index.
I guess I was just pissed yesterday (at myself) and needed to vent. It sucks when you get excited about playing a new course and then you tank the round. Guess that's what makes this crazy game so interesting.

Thanks.....

My current index is 12.0. As anyone who has seen me play knows, I am just as likely to shoot a 98 as a 82. But the way the USA system is set up, those 98s don't count, unless I shoot a bunch of them in a row.

Just post more scores and talk to the club pro at your home course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520