• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why now? Why the heck now?????!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last three rounds... 80, 81, 80. After spending the entire season in the mid 80s, I am now scoring better than all season long. The game just seems to have become easier.

Last Sunday, I stood on the tee of #9, having made 8 pars on the previous holes. Missed a couple birdie putts. Took a double bogey on #9 to finish with a 38 on the front. It doesn't get much better for this old man!

Why now? Why did the game seem so much more difficult all summer long? A huge part of the recent success is the driver. The G10 spent most of the year under the backseat of the truck... in time out. Pulled it out two weeks ago and it is performing better than I ever remember. Why? What secret has fallen out of the sky, hit me on the head, and changed how I play this game? I sure don't know!!

Tomorrow, it may all fall apart again. It may also continue to improve and maybe I can card a couple rounds in the 70s for the year. What a fickle game!!!!!

your at ease now! end of the season - blues.. keep it alive this winter!

I can relate. Golf here in Idaho is over now but I too played my best golf of the year in the last 3 weeks. Several rounds in the mid - upper 70's. Dropped my index from 12 at the start of the season to 8 for the end! I'm just sick that it's over. Man it was so much fun at the end! For me it just shows how mental this game is. Honestly, I wasn't doing anything mechanically different. After I started shooting in the 70's I just knew I could do it and expected it - major MOJO!

Here's to next year! Cheers!

Who says you need to stop playing just because it's winter? ;)

awww.todaysgolfer.co.uk_upload_39831_images_300x200_snow.JPG

astatic.guim.co.uk_Guardian_travel_gallery_2008_feb_04_1_GD6111350_ST_238.jpg

your at ease now! end of the season - blues.. keep it alive this winter!

You hit the nail right on the head with this one! Being at ease is exactly what causes great rounds. Mid season your stress level is way to high, with the expectation of shooting a good round. And as the "wheels fall off" the stress level just rises, and then you are done!!

Step out in late October and the feelings are totally different, it goes from wanting to shoot well, to just enjoying yourself. It could be the last round of the year! Strange things happen when you are out just enjoying yourself and not trying! That's the key, when you start trying too hard, so much can go wrong!

We all do it or have done it, I doubt it will be any different next year. That's why golf is such a dumb sport!! But I love it!!

I feel this way too. I had my best rounds of the year carded when it was a "I am just happy to still be playing golf in..." situation. But I also had great rounds to start the year. I feel like any time my mentality is "Just happy to be golfing" my scores are better. I am sure some of it is pressure, but some of it also is lack of fatigue. You get worn down by bad shots in the middle of the season; mentally and physically so in the beginning of the season you are fresh and limber and ready to role. Then at the end of the season you aren't playing as frequently and because of the mindset of just being able to play golf or "stealing" a round of golf from mother nature you return to that rejuvinated state. I just wish there was a way to live in this state while playing golf much more often hehe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520