• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Why won't it...?

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Reaction score
Alright, well ive always cut the ball, and dont like left for that reason. But as my school has finished and my last two exams are this week, im finally starting to get back out and repreparing for my last couple summer tourneys.

Quick question, and this is from speculation on your guyses part as i cant get the video onto my computer.

(this isnt the problem yet:p)Ive been slicing the ball lately, and mostly it's been leaving my shoulders wayyyy open at address, helping me with the good ol over the top. So eliminating that, ive been working hard on my ball striking consistency with my coach lately, and ive sorta trying to hit it as Tiger is now, with keeping the club as close to the setup position at impact as possible. Now without not getting to see coach until late next week as he is away at a club pro event.

Im hitting the shots well and keeping my club at about the same position at impact as setup, and closing my shoulders at address so they are slightly closed to avoid OTT and slicing, but when im hitting the ball, it doesnt draw or fade, it just goes straight left, about 5 yards left of the 5 yards left im already aiming for my cut (so im ending up 10 yards left instead of it cutting back my 5 yards).

So from this brief description, gots any imput? Any parts not so sure of? Just looking for run of the mill ideas as im not really sure as on tape it looks fairly solid? Got a kinda big money match this weekend, so kinda trying to get it in solid so i can count on my cut.

Piper, you're a 1.1 handicap and you're asking US for swing advice?

Are you nuts?

Actually, im probly a bit lower now, i just dont enter scores really anymore as my home comupter wont access the site, and im low enough to qualify for any tourneys i need to now by handicap:)

And im just asking for anything that maybe I hadnt thought of.

But im not asking you;)

Mine is back in action. Sounds like you are just double crossing it. Try aiming the clubface dead at the target then opening to your swingpath line. Mine feels like I'm swinging at that target line from basically hip to hip. The ballstriking is so consisent due to the fact the club is squared up to the target forever IMO. There is like no chance of turning it over early or late because it's square 2ft. before, at and 2ft. after impact. Don't give up on it.

O, by all means if i can get it to go dead straight i wont complain, but im aiming a little left, and its going a little farther left, so id have to aim right to hit it straight, but i hit a fade usually, so then itd go farther right if that happened.

(if you followed that the first time you read it you'll win a prize:p)

But i love playing that little cut, cuz when im hitting that i have no fear of missing left, which i hate as i have way less control left.

There is a massive thread going about fades on the other site. Some good insight and I got a lot out of it. I'm feeling pretty good that I may have the true fade down by virtue of so much work on getting inside-inside and staying connected. It's all about starting out cleared and going straight down 12 o'clock for me. Takes the hook, pull and push out of play. What's left? A pop up? :laugh:

Fat shots;) I got tons of those by letting my head bob.

What other site was this Ez? Could you grab me a link to the thread about the fades?

Fat shots;) I got tons of those by letting my head bob.

What other site was this Ez? Could you grab me a link to the thread about the fades?

This is like coming over to the table and asking your friend (right there in front of his girlfriend) for the phone number of the other girl he's been seeing.

Shame on you both for talking about that other site here...:laugh:

I can only think of one thing it could be, shoulders turning in too soon. Sounds like you used to do it on its own and now you do it and close the club face to prevent it sliding across the ball hence it goes straight left as no side spin is imparted on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520