• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wie, stick handling again...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Opening 77 at the JD.

When will she learn that she's not a man? (I'm not being sexist here at all, just stating the obvious). If Annika thought she stood a chance of beating the guys, she'd be trying every single tournament. Her shot last year that ended in distaster was her eye opening and closure at the same time. She couldn't do it.

Why does Wie think she can?

I give her credit for giving it a go....5 times...and failing miserably...

I just hope she wins some tournaments on the LPGA so that she doesn't become just a side show....

Win on the LPGA, Michelle, then show the boys what you're made of. :usflag:

R35

It's all about the publicity. More novelty and exposure = more endorsement $$$$. Probably short sighted in terms of a career, but with that much money in it you don't need your moment in the sun to be particularly long. Maybe I'm just a cynic.

If she doesn't come back with a great round today I would think the sponsors exemptions would stop coming, or at least slow down. There's not much novelty or drama to missing the cut by 10 strokes.

For now she needs to try and win something on the women's tour. She has enough talent to do that and a win at her age would be special on any tour.

But she wears the shortest skorts I've ever seen! Surely that's worth a sponsor's exemption, at least until she starts getting varicose veins.

I agree completely...this story is going to start wearing thin.

I was surprised to learn that she can only play in 7 LPGA events until she turns 18. This puts her in a weird position from a standpoint of staying tournament-sharp. Obviously she cannot enter any amateur events and only 7 LPGA. I think the US PGA Tour is going to stop granting her these special exemptions to play with the men and then over the next couple of years she is going to be searching for tournaments to play in.

My best guess is that she will try again on the Asian men's tour...

I wonder when she gets her homework done....

• Staff
Bravo said:
I wonder when she gets her homework done....

Who needs homework when you have Nike?

I'm surprised she can only play 7 events. Does that include exemptions? I'm thinking that even the LPGA wouldn't be that stupid to not allow the Wie Gong Show into the Greater Hartford Open. Just think of the publicity that sort of crap would bring to an otherwise sub-par event....

R35

Rockford35 said:
Who needs homework when you have Nike?

I'm surprised she can only play 7 events. Does that include exemptions? I'm thinking that even the LPGA wouldn't be that stupid to not allow the Wie Gong Show into the Greater Hartford Open. Just think of the publicity that sort of crap would bring to an otherwise sub-par event....

R35

It was ualtim here who said that she was limited to 7 events...

this is getting sickening already she hasnt even proven herself in her own tour and she thinks she can beat men.she needs to learn how to finish on the LPGA before she tries to make the cut with the big boys.sure she has talent and has had some good finishes in majors but she hasnt proven anything because she cant close when she is in contention.

Annika is the best female golfer alive and has dominated on the LPGA she has 66 victories and 9 Major wins and she gave up after trying it 1 time because she realized it was a monsterous task.

so why does a 16yr. old with 0 career wins and 0 Majors seem to think its an easy task?

as stated before it has to do with the cash flow it can be the only reason for these foolish attempts.learn to finish on your own level then maybe try something harder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520

3. 15,298