• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will my old buddy wilt again today?

Bravo

Reaction score
Steve Lowery is a journeyman USPGATour pro from here in Birmingham. Steve's one of those guys who has been on tour for a long long time but has never really won much...The International in Colorado and the Southern Bureau classic in Mississippi (which is held on the same weekend as the Open Championship in the UK so it has a weak field).

On the other hand, Steve has kept his card and steadily churns away making a living on the tour.

Here is what his typical tournament is like....plays well on Thursday and Friday...so that he makes 60-70% of the cuts. H'ell play a little worse on Saturday and on Sunday he will fold his tent and play the worse round of the tourney - especially if he is contending.

Today, he starts the final round of the Canadian Open two strokes off the pace. I wish for once, he could close out a tournament that has a solid field win a strong round and win. (He shot a 65 yesterday so he is capable of going low.) While Tiger and Phail are not playing...the field is still pretty solid and a win could do a hell of a lot for him...he's in his mid-forties and time is closing in on him...

I guess I'll watch this afternoon and see the Sunday meltdown. Really pains me as he is the nicest guy you'd ever meet. Maybe too nice for his own good.

Your buddy did not exactly wilt, he just didn't bloom like you wanted him too!
Furyk played well and deserved that win. I bet he is glad he came to Canada, he has 900,000 reasons to smile. Plus one big a** trophy and a NATIONAL OPEN TITLE.

Is it a good living or just enough too get by?

Is it a good living or just enough too get by?

I think I could get by on the cash Steve has made during his career, not counting any endorsement money he makes.
$12,519,531 in career earnings.

Yeah he played well on the front and at the turn he was only one back. Then he started the bogey machine on the back...slipping away.

He eagled 17 though and this helped him. He eagled 17 on both Saturday and Sunday...

Yeah he's not starving. He got his winnings over $1M for the year with this week's check.

I can't cry for him, but he just cannot ever make the backside charge on Sunday to close it out...

Bravo when you said he hasn't won much you must have meant tourneys.

How does he feel about his performance? Winning isn't everything. hehehe

How does he like being on the tour. how much does he practice?

Bravo when you said he hasn't won much you must have meant tourneys.

How does he feel about his performance? Winning isn't everything. hehehe

How does he like being on the tour. how much does he practice?

I've only met him a couple of times...He's a really down-to-earth person...not stuck up etc. I've never really asked him about how much he practices...I know he loves being on tour although he got a divorce a few years ago that was pretty expensive. He lived in Orlando and long time and was leading a tournament in Phoenix when his wife called to say their house burned to the ground...so he had a pretty big emotional loss then.

Don't cry for him...he's made over $1m again this year and has stayed over $1m on average for the past 7-8 years or so. Titleist gives him a little sponsorship money and he doesn't live extravagantly...I just wish he could finish really strong for once and win something before he gets too old.

He plays in a lot of events and should be eligible for the senior tour in about 4 years so he will probably keep chugging along...

Thats sounds like pretty good gig actually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520