• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter will soon set in

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's late September and already the trees are turning color and the temps have dropped to the 55º-65º F range. It's raining much of the week and the wind is blowing.

I think we're in for an early winter here in Wisconsin and golf will be done soon. I could be wrong as we normally get the month of October but this weather is more LIKE October's.

If this continues I won't get my goal of 160 rounds in. I have about 130 right now so far. I suppose the temps down south are just now getting into the comfortable 70ish range and "yall" are out every day. :p

Yep, just finished 18 holes, present temp is 76º.

Actually played the best golf I've played all summer. Either i was too weak from chemo and or radiation, or it was just plain too hot. Today was near perfect, and my ball striking showed it. I actually hit some good shots. My short game, the only thing I have been able to really work on this summer due to the cancer treatments is pretty much spot on. My putting even made a decent showing today, with 5 one putts. I left the driver in the bag on all but 3 holes on the back nine, played the front nine like I didn't even own one. Teed off with either my 13º 3 wood or my 21º 7 wood. Shot a respectable 44 on the front nine, which considering how little golf I've played this summer I was tickled with. The back nine I sorta started falling apart, hit driver into trouble on one hole, OB, and my rib/shingles started bothering me half way through the back 9, but all in all a very enjoyable round.

Was 80+ in VT today... more of the same tomorrow... weird, since it's been a very cool Aug/Sept.

Here in Kansas, we set all kinds of heat records during July/August. Then, September has seen temps below normal. We've had about the most beautiful past couple of weeks that I can ever remember stringing together. And, the 10-day forecast is for more of the same. We're waking up to upper 40s, low 50s. We're seeing upper 70s to low 80s during the afternoons. Sunshine. Just about perfect golf weather. But, as WBL attempts to damper our spirits with a dose of reality, Winter is quickly approaching.
I was off last Friday and was able to play. Played with the regular group Saturday and Sunday. Got to "entertain" a client, yesterday, with an 18-hole round. Now, may actually have to work 3 or 4 days in a row. Oh, well. The body needs a rest and the person inside, who missed so many short putts, needs a good talking to!!!!!

This weather is giving me the itch to go bowhunting. Deer season opens Saturday! It's supposed to be in the high 40's at daylight with a high of 65* during the day. As long as the forecast doesn't change, I'll be in a tree this weekend. Maybe if I take some time of from golf, my nasty hook that I've been fighting lately will magically go away. :)

Mid 80's here but on my 64th straight day of work, Almond Season has kicked golf seasons ass.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...dont say the "W" word quite yet. Still in the 80's here in I-dee-ho.

Although, I am thoroughly done with mowing my yard (not sure is my grass is done yet). Cant have one without the other, eh?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...dont say the "W" word quite yet. Still in the 80's here in I-dee-ho.

Although, I am thoroughly done with mowing my yard (not sure is my grass is done yet). Cant have one without the other, eh?

A nice layer of concrete over the entire yard works well. You can paint it green to blend in with the rest of the houses on the block though...

Just starting to get into some warmer weather now after a pretty damn well wet winter. I'm gonna golf my arse off this summer to get some swing changes ingrained. Think of me as you stoke the fire and have to huddle under extra blankets to keep warm. :)

A nice layer of concrete over the entire yard works well. You can paint it green to blend in with the rest of the houses on the block though...

Believe me, that thought (and desert landscaping) crosses my mind when I'm out mowing in 100 degree heat. However, methinks the HOA would pitch a bitch.

Cover the whole yard with a artificial putting and chipping green !!!!!!!!

Will look great and your short game will improve dramatically.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520