• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

XBox One!!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Xbox One hardware and specs: 8-core CPU, 8GB RAM, 500GB hard drive and more

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/...utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

Slot-loading Blu-ray drive? Check. HDMI in and out? Absolutely, considering the Xbox One is meant to play a central role in the living room. There's an octa-core processor based on AMD's Jaguar design and 8GB of RAM to go up against the Sony PlayStation 4, plus USB 3.0 ports, 500GB of hard drive storage, WiFi Direct for communicating with the new controller and other devices, and a humungous amount of silicon to drive it all: no fewer than five billion transistors, which compares to 1.4 billion in your average Intel or AMD chip. As for the box itself, well, it looks rather a like a little HTPC with black and silver case and a big Xbox logo -- a visage with actually tallies with the fact that's running a PC-like x86 architecture inside. There's a full list of specs after the break, which we're continuing to build out as more details pour out of Microsoft's Xbox One ongoing launch event.

There is no way in hell I'm going to buy a XB1. You can't share games...apparently the discs are useless once loaded on the machine. You have to be online to even be able to play single player games. You have to have the all seeing eye of the Kinect on and connected to the XB at all times...that and XB/MS was part of PRISM. My headset won't work with the XB because MS is switching to a proprietary plug on the controller. Am I missing anything? Oh, it's $100 more than the PS4.

I'm definitely buying a PS4.

edit: The XBone has weaker RAM, and weaker GPU than the PS4. The hardware will let the PS4 render from the disc/hd faster. The way I understand it, the XB hardware is geared more for multi-tasking with TV and apps like NetFlix...not so much for gaming.

Im pretty sure the always on internet connection is false. Same with the kinect.

The game sharing is kinda muddy...they haven't given a good answer on that yet.

awww.tecmundo.com.br_imagens__2013_5_infograficos_40140_infogr343bbc43e4924dc315821963c350d1d8.jpg

Im pretty sure the always on internet connection is false. Same with the kinect.

As explained by Microsoft, “Xbox One is designed to run in a low-powered, connected state. This means your system, games and apps are always current and ready to play—no more waiting for updates. While a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection.

That's MS saying that an internet connection is required. The XB1 will run periodic checks to make sure you're not playing a borrowed game. Sorry to people who don't have high speed internet. Also, if my internet goes down for an extended time(more than 1 day), I won't be able to play single player games because the XB can't verify it's shit.

The Kinect is required to be connected to the machine. MS says that there is a setting to turn it off, but it must be connected. Why? IDK, but I don't like it.

Did you hear about PRISM?

I'm not getting one.

Connection not required. They have communicated that several times. You won't reap all the benefits without one, but its not worthless.

If you don't have internet, there's zero reason to upgrade. You can't use 99 percent of its abilities. If your only in it for games, ram, and gpu power, you should be on a PC anyway.

Its now a full entertainment system, not just a game console anymore.

Still not getting one.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected

With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.

Pretty sure that's for cloud driven games. Physical games will work just like dvds.
They're saying physical games will only work for 24 hours if disconnected from the internet.

Research it yourself. I'm completely turned off by this. Buy what you want but PS4 all the way for me.

Im not getting a new generation console either way, my 360 works just fine for what i use it for.

I say its weeks before its cracked and able to play whatever whenever. they're not worried about the small percentage of people that either don't have internet or don't want to be connected. Im one of them by the way...we're such a small percentage of people. The vast majority of buyers will not care, and the majority of people that don't like it but still buy it won't care either.

Connection not required. They have communicated that several times. You won't reap all the benefits without one, but its not worthless.

If you don't have internet, there's zero reason to upgrade. You can't use 99 percent of its abilities. If your only in it for games, ram, and gpu power, you should be on a PC anyway.

Its now a full entertainment system, not just a game console anymore.

I've read that initial hook up requires an internet connection. I'm not going to argue. Just make sure you do your homework before you buy one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520