• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your change of the year

I got new clubs to replace my junior set that was graphite and really short.

I managed to drop like 35 strokes on the coruse I used to play a lot (par 3 coruse) so I think it was an improvment.

It saddens me to pack up the Grinds, they really were a labour of love and seeing them in the box made me realise just how bloody good they are

anyway, enough of that, project number 56 is started, Bridgestome J33 and Project X 6 in TLT series 4

lock up ya daughters

Well this could be a long list so here are the major changes:

Re-weighted my driver - Massive positive result increased distance and control

Put Nike Blades in the bag - Minimal positive result - more hit greens, and a much finer tuned swing

Added 60* wedge - increased control and shot making from within 100 yds

Changed to TF gamer - loss of preformance increase in spare cash (positive!?)

Those are the biggies. Started as a 8 and finished as a 4. So all in all it worked for me.

So far you have my vote for "most substantial upgrade, especially for the money spent..."

From one ho to another...well done!

+1

And this coming from last years winner, :laugh:

When I joined Shot Talk I had a complete set of Cleveland HiBores and a Cleveland Staff bag. Of that set only the 3 wood remains and it's been reshafted, :laugh:

Congrats Bake, you're one of us now, :laugh:
Thanks. Sometimes I think of all the bills I could have paid off if I hadnt started playing golf again, but then I think, "Meh, its only money."
It just kinda sucks that I bought a brand-new Titleist bag back in July and since then Ive completely fell in love with Mizuno clubs and Bridgestone/Precept balls. Maybe its time for a new bag too! :laugh:

Thanks. Sometimes I think of all the bills I could have paid off if I hadnt started playing golf again, but then I think, "Meh, its only money."
It just kinda sucks that I bought a brand-new Titleist bag back in July and since then Ive completely fell in love with Mizuno clubs and Bridgestone/Precept balls. Maybe its time for a new bag too! :laugh:

Exactly why my bag just says Michelob Ultra, no club manufacturer or ball as both are subject to change at the drop of a hat. :prop:

Exactly why my bag just says Michelob Ultra, no club manufacturer or ball as both are subject to change at the drop of a hat. :prop:
but what if you change beers? :laugh: Oh well, its just a bag. It just kind of funny when I play golf with people from work and they are all like, "Ohhh, Titleist!" and then they look in my bag and half the clubs are Mizuno. :miz:

The only change i made was drivers, went from a nike sumo to a taylor made burner, handicap changed from a round a 3.5 to a 1.0, and i also got the same putter but it is now a belly putter

I really like my bag. It says Mizuno on it. It's the only reason I keep my Mizuno 4-wood around.

I really like my bag. It says Mizuno on it. It's the only reason I keep my Mizuno 4-wood around.
Yeah, Mizuno has some nice bags. I bought this Titleist bag because back before I quit playing golf in '00 I was big into Titleist stuff. Im not so much into Titleist anymore, but it is a nice bag and Im going to run it until the legs break or until I wear it out. From what I understand, the legs are the weak link in Titleist's stand bags.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520