• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

-12º and disappointed.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now it's 4:25am & the temp is -12º, was supposed to hit -18º. Hasn't been that cold in a long long time, wanted to feel what it was like again. Winds are in the 15-25 mph range & wind chill is supposed to be somewhere around -45º.

Have 1 vehicle with a frozen suspension that I am replcing on saturday & the other vehicle doesn't like to start when it's below 0º. Being in the garage helps so I am hopeful, but once I get to work I will have to run outside once an hr & start it up since the high temp today is going to be -3º.

Feel your pain, Central IL right now is -14, with -30 winchill. I used to go north when I wanted this, we don't need it down here. Calling for -16 tonight. Where u at in wi

Would hate to thin one this morning, huh? Might be cutting off a finger or two for that!

-40º F (-40º C) windchill here. Car cranked over really slowly this morning and walking that 20 yards from the parking lot into work was torture. Suspension didn't start working until almost to work. At least it isn't snowing. :laugh:

This far south... much closer to the equator than Wisconsion... we're at -3 w/-12 wind chill. Supposed to have a high, today, of +10. Crews are showing up and planning on working... outside. Personally, I plan on remaining in my office as much as possible.

I've got the coffee pot on. Will drink a few extra cups, today, even though at my age that means more "exercise". Why? Well, by the time you get through longhandles, jeans, carharts, etc.... and don't dribble down your own leg... makes you feel quite proud!!!!:emot-ange:emot-ange

This far south... much closer to the equator than Wisconsion... we're at -3 w/-12 wind chill. Supposed to have a high, today, of +10. Crews are showing up and planning on working... outside. Personally, I plan on remaining in my office as much as possible.

I've got the coffee pot on. Will drink a few extra cups, today, even though at my age that means more "exercise". Why? Well, by the time you get through longhandles, jeans, carharts, etc.... and don't dribble down your own leg... makes you feel quite proud!!!!:emot-ange:emot-ange
You know, all these little reality stories about getting old REALLY don't help my mood about getting old.

CUT IT OUT YOU OLD FART!! :laugh:

Holy crap you guys are making me cold thinking about it! It's like 15 here this morning... and that's freakin' COLD to me!

Quite Jealous!!!

Ever wonder just how any animals survive -34º weather? Especially with some windchills that are achieved out there?

We talk about this endlessly at coffee. You look at a little sparrow and wonder how the hell their feet don't freeze right off. Or a rabbit. Just hopping around, kicking it old school in -54*C weather.

Mother Nature is a selfless bitch, but nature finds a way.

R35

You know, all these little reality stories about getting old REALLY don't help my mood about getting old.

CUT IT OUT YOU OLD FART!! :laugh:

Getting old is.... well better than the alternative!!! I am enjoying life more and more all the time. Sure, there are some "penalties" we all pay as we age. But the rewards of grandkids and experiences and matured patience and... more time for golf... are well worth it!

Most of you, also, are beginning to understand my rather cynical sense of humor. In another life, I'm referred to as "Mr. C"... Mister Cynic!! And, I must admit, it's well deserved!!

I love being an "old fart" (other than when farts become sliders) at age 62. That, in today's world, is not even to be considered "old". I plan on working until age 70... if the Good Lord allows the body to stay healthy. I love my work!!! Honestly!!!!

The industry with which I am associated has a propensity to point fingers. (Many industries have become such.) It's never "my" fault! I sit, too often, in meetings and courtrooms where folks are looking for scapegoats... not solutions. As we gain "maturity"... as you put it become 'old farts'... we also develop some insights that become valuable in finding solutions before things develop to the fault-finding stage. Those successes... those insights... that maturity... certainly mitigate the aches and pains and "shortcomings" that can also become more noticable with the aging process.

Nicklaus, at age 68, carded a 66 this past week on a 6,800 yard course!! I play, at least a couple times a year, with a local member who... at age 82 will shoot his age a half-dozen times/year. That's my goal!! To work hard, do what I can to make a difference in the lives of my kids and grandkids, until such time the Good Lord allows the "club member bounces" to see me card my age. When that time comes, I'll probably trade the clubs for checkers and a checker board and leave the game to you young, flat-bellies!!!!!!

Getting old is.... well better than the alternative!!! I am enjoying life more and more all the time. Sure, there are some "penalties" we all pay as we age. But the rewards of grandkids and experiences and matured patience and... more time for golf... are well worth it!

Most of you, also, are beginning to understand my rather cynical sense of humor. In another life, I'm referred to as "Mr. C"... Mister Cynic!! And, I must admit, it's well deserved!!

I love being an "old fart" (other than when farts become sliders) at age 62. That, in today's world, is not even to be considered "old". I plan on working until age 70... if the Good Lord allows the body to stay healthy. I love my work!!! Honestly!!!!

The industry with which I am associated has a propensity to point fingers. (Many industries have become such.) It's never "my" fault! I sit, too often, in meetings and courtrooms where folks are looking for scapegoats... not solutions. As we gain "maturity"... as you put it become 'old farts'... we also develop some insights that become valuable in finding solutions before things develop to the fault-finding stage. Those successes... those insights... that maturity... certainly mitigate the aches and pains and "shortcomings" that can also become more noticable with the aging process.

Nicklaus, at age 68, carded a 66 this past week on a 6,800 yard course!! I play, at least a couple times a year, with a local member who... at age 82 will shoot his age a half-dozen times/year. That's my goal!! To work hard, do what I can to make a difference in the lives of my kids and grandkids, until such time the Good Lord allows the "club member bounces" to see me card my age. When that time comes, I'll probably trade the clubs for checkers and a checker board and leave the game to you young, flat-bellies!!!!!!
A few clarifications:

1. I'm not young, but I am a young 44.
2. The only reason my belly is flat is because alcohol and age have filled all the crevices, making it flat and round! :D
3. With your mindset, I doubt checkers will ever need to replace golf, my friend!

limpalong, as was put in the movie "Blazing Saddles" ....

"You use your tongue prettier then a $10 whore"!!!

:laugh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520