• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I've found a way to get the dedicated sand iron back in my bag. My Zeider titanium 13º driver has two matching stainless fairway woods at 19 and 23º They're in excellent shape--I only played them one season--but they'll have to be fitted with senior flex shafts.

The Henry-Griffitts fairways were part of an expensive and shameful confidence crisis I went through which included Louisville Niblick wooden clubs, a set of Cleveland Halo hybrids, and Wedgewood hybrids lengthened to fairway woods. I had given the Zeider fairways to my nephew after wetting a ball in a snooty member-three guest tying to reach a green that I had never reached before (or since) and forgot that the kid (42, maybe?) had given them back. I'm guessing it was because they're plain metallic gray, looking for all the world like original 1980s metalwoods (to me, that's a good thing) and his buddies teased him about it.

Replace the three HGs with the two old Zeiders and there's room for my crutch of choice, a dedicated sand iron. I just have to have the clubs reshafted because I don't know how to do any of that stuff myself.

By the way, I played like goat excrement this afternoon but that happens. I'll get 'em next time.

I've found a way to get the dedicated sand iron back in my bag. My Zeider titanium 13º driver has two matching stainless fairway woods at 19 and 23º They're in excellent shape--I only played them one season--but they'll have to be fitted with senior flex shafts.

The Henry-Griffitts fairways were part of an expensive and shameful confidence crisis I went through which included Louisville Niblick wooden clubs, a set of Cleveland Halo hybrids, and Wedgewood hybrids lengthened to fairway woods. I had given the Zeider fairways to my nephew after wetting a ball in a snooty member-three guest tying to reach a green that I had never reached before (or since) and forgot that the kid (42, maybe?) had given them back. I'm guessing it was because they're plain metallic gray, looking for all the world like original 1980s metalwoods (to me, that's a good thing) and his buddies teased him about it.

Replace the three HGs with the two old Zeiders and there's room for my crutch of choice, a dedicated sand iron. I just have to have the clubs reshafted because I don't know how to do any of that stuff myself.

By the way, I played like goat excrement this afternoon but that happens. I'll get 'em next time.
Where do you play in the area?

Where do you play in the area?

Wentworth by the Sea (Newcastle, NH)

as guest...

Abenaqui CC (Rye Beach, NH)
Andover CC (Andover, MA)
Haverhill CC (Haverhill, MA)
Indian Ridge CC (Andover, MA)
Portsmouth CC (Portsmouth, NH)

public links
Breakfast Hill GC (Greenland, NH)
Crystal Spring GC (Haverhill, MA)
Far Corner GC (Boxford, MA)
Green Meadow GC (Hudson, NH)
Hickory Hill GC (Methuen, MA)
Kingston Fairways GC (Kingston, NH)
Merrimack Valley GC (Methuen, MA)
Middleton GC (Middleton, MA)
Scottish Highlands GC (Salem, NH)
Trull Brook G&TC (Tewksbury, MA)
Whip-Poor-Will GC (Hudson, NH)

Trull and Indian ridge are about a mile from my house, I play green Meadow often, as well as merrimack and Far Corner. Not the biggest fan of Scottish highlands. You ever play Bradford in Haverhill? I like that one.

I belong at long meadow, and play mount pleasant and Nabnassett often.

Trull and Indian ridge are about a mile from my house, I play green Meadow often, as well as merrimack and Far Corner. Not the biggest fan of Scottish highlands. You ever play Bradford in Haverhill? I like that one.

I belong at long meadow, and play mount pleasant and Nabnassett often.

I played Bradford once, a long time ago, but don't remembered it very well. My cousin was a seven and junior club champ there when he was about thirteen years old and I was about twenty-five (we're talking about a time when the whole world was in black and white). He beat me like a drum, so that's maybe why I've driven it from my mind. In truth, I've attended at least two or three social functions in the clubhouse, so I've been there more than I actually played.

I've got spinal stenosis and am often too uncomfortable to play. I suppose I could if I filled up on oxy, but I don't like to do that irresponsibly. I get the prescriptions in good faith that I use them properly so I do--only when in real agony. I'm a sixties guy so I'm not afraid of drugs, but I'm also a grown up and a senior who has to take a lot of other meds regularly.

When I'm playing less than I want to, I'm here on these crazy internet forums, mostly talking about equipment which admittedly intrigues me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520