• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2014 Memorial

Damn, he'd be on the 59 watch if it wasn't for that double! :eek:

They said the course record was 61. Before Jack lengthend it.

Holy Phucking Phil Phail... dude gave back 5 shots over the last 3 holes. :poop:

Adam Scott's tee to green was sublime. Couldn't buy a putt on the back nine.

Par 5s to these guys are like par 4s to us. They are nearly always reachable in 2 so law of averages is better stacked than us hackers

Golf chan had the new long drive champ hitting 408-420 to a target. Rory and others are smacking 350 in play. Golf chan talking heads are gaggling over 3 players hitting Irons into a par 5 at memorial that is longish, remarking on not the player, but the group average.

I THINK i am bombing past 250. Obviously, they are 40% past me. Lets say I am only 1/3 of what the better pga guys are, which may still be pretentious. The techniques they are using MUST be discussed on this board.

Golf chan had the new long drive champ hitting 408-420 to a target. Rory and others are smacking 350 in play. Golf chan talking heads are gaggling over 3 players hitting Irons into a par 5 at memorial that is longish, remarking on not the player, but the group average.

I THINK i am bombing past 250. Obviously, they are 40% past me. Lets say I am only 1/3 of what the better pga guys are, which may still be pretentious. The techniques they are using MUST be discussed on this board.

Aside from being golf strong, I think it's lag. We teach the same thing to our baseball players. The smaller you can keep the angle between your bicep and your forearm on the downswing the better. It really makes a huge difference.

Ok then here we go...

...they are good, we are shit!

End of discussion
Such a quitter! I want a definitive answer for such questions as should one tip or not tip back as you setup to drive the ball. The length of shaft, and the expected increase in stiffness, as I saw this guy hit his left (forward) shoulder with the shaft and it bent a lot! The obvious decrease in face loft when one sets a stance that is that upward aiming should be defined! I personally believe I am cabable of a 20% improvement through better technique. That means 300 as a target.

Aside from being golf strong, I think it's lag. We teach the same thing to our baseball players. The smaller you can keep the angle between your bicep and your forearm on the downswing the better. It really makes a huge difference.
Yes, some time ago on Shottalk an example of allowing the hands and club butt to "strike the water of a pool first, if the water were up to your waist" was discussed. This is a truly significant swing thought, and the example, I believe, was brought forward in a lesson by Michael Breed of the Golf Fix show on Golf Chan. But there is even more to the technique, and its good stuff!

I will weigh in a little here, and I mean a little. Part of the PGA players length comes from the course setup. These courses are setup perfect and allow for a little more run out. When I got the chance to play the Scottsdale TPC after the Phoenix Open a number of years ago I noticed that on the rare occurrence I found the fairway my ball ran out quite a bit more than I was used to.

Rory is struggling today. Maybe that knee is really bugging him.

I will weigh in a little here, and I mean a little. Part of the PGA players length comes from the course setup. These courses are setup perfect and allow for a little more run out. When I got the chance to play the Scottsdale TPC after the Phoenix Open a number of years ago I noticed that on the rare occurrence I found the fairway my ball ran out quite a bit more than I was used to.
Well that sucks. Like these guys need any more help...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520