• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

983K vs. G2

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Reaction score
Looking for some advice on how I should change my setup & swing to adapt from a Titleist 983K to a Ping G2 driver.

With the 983K on a normal swing I have a medium trajectory draw, which I like.

With the Ping G2, I can get anything from a straight high trajectory shot, to a fade, to a mildly bad slice. I'm attributing this to the neutral weighting and neutral face angle of the G2 as compared to the 983K.

Should I try to close the face of the G2 a little at setup? I already play with a strong grip on the driver only. I set up with the ball 2" behind left heel and neutral stance.

I've used both.The 983 is a traditional players club with a weighted head ideal form shaping shot.The G2 needs a high tee,front foot,and smack it hard.Its a club to bomb.

The G2 needs a high tee,front front,and smack it hard.Its a club to bomb.

I'm still trying to figure this club out, as I'm way too inconsistent with it. I've gotten to the point where I'm seriously considering copying Mickleson and carrying 2 drivers.

Swing harder. Or, buy the G5. :D

R35

Imho,their is only one way to hit a 460.

Hard.They are designed to be twatted.Thats it.

The 983 is a players club,but its not as long as the bombers.I had to succumb,10 yards made me give in

'front front'

IDIOT! should be front foot

dave. said:
Imho,their is only one way to hit a 460.

Hard.They are designed to be twatted.Thats it.

The 983 is a players club,but its not as long as the bombers.I had to succumb,10 yards made me give in
Uh........... I'm gonna need a translation here cuz where i come from the only "club" used in conjunction with a "twat" has nothing to do with golf ;)

Witmaster said:
Uh........... I'm gonna need a translation here cuz where i come from the only "club" used in conjunction with a "twat" has nothing to do with golf ;)

LOL....most guys dream of being twatted! :D

R35

Oxford English Dictionary

Twatted-noun,vt-to batter,to nut off the screws,to get pissed on Saturday night verb-'to twat',to rip a screamer down the middle.

Ya, Meaning #2 pretty much "nails it"....:biglol:

Sorry Wit, that was too easy....

R35

Yea... that was an easy shot.

I was tempted to say just Google the word and then click "images" but... you never know who just might try that sort of thing at work :D

I'm glad you guys are having fun, :D , but I need some help with banana balls.

Dave. You seriously went over to the dark side and got a 460cc? Which one? And did you have to alter your swing?

Launcher,last years model,stock shaft.No changes to my swing,i can just crush it and not worry,off centre still gets it up there.You can't argue with another 10 yards.

Think perhaps the shafts are the reason?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520