• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A fun week....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was furloughed for 10 days. Had quite a bit of vacation built up that has to be used this year anyway. Have been off since last Saturday and going back to work next Wednesday. That will be a total of 11 days off, including weekends.

Today is the eighth day off. In eight days I've played 171 holes. 5 days I've played 18. 3 days, 27. Most of those days the temps have soared to over 100 degrees F in the afternoon. We play in the morning, but the heat and humidity has still been tough. The past couple weeks at work, I've walked 7 to 10 miles/day in the heat. Thank goodness, I had a little time to become acclimated to this heat before beginning a beat down of the golf course. A couple days we've had gentlemen join us who have been used to working office jobs. By the time we make the turn, they're toast... literally.

It's been a fun ride! The highest 9-hole score, so far, has been a 43 and there has been two of those. I've had a 37, a couple of 38's, and multiple 40's. The best 18 hole score has been 77, putting a 38 and 39 together.

If the weather holds, still planning on playing the next 3 days. I know I'll only get 18 in tomorrow, Sunday, and on Tuesday. Hope to be able to make 27 on Monday.

Pulled the Vista Pro out of the old G-10 driver and put the original ProForce back in. Don't know why I ever changed it out. It has been working quite well, now. The old Ping My Echo putter has been in the bag instead of the Scotty. It has been worth every bit of the $5.00 I paid for it some 10 years ago out of a used bargain bin. Still fighting a bad distance.... a gap in the bag... between 175 to 190. The 3-iron just isn't extremely dependable in the hands of a 65 year old hack in 100 degree heat. About ready to try... for the umpteenth time... another hybrid to fit between my 5-wood and 4-iron.

A good time was had by all......

Cobra Baffler Rail-H.

My 4H is my go-to club from 180-185. My 3H is very good from 190-195. The 3H is amazing off the tee.

Sounds like fun Limp...even if it has been hot. It's especially important that you have been doing what YOU want to do for your vacation. I, on the other hand, usually spend a week doing what the wife wants me to do for my vacation. Then I come back to work feeling more tired than if I'd worked all week. :/

Sounds like fun Limp...even if it has been hot. It's especially important that you have been doing what YOU want to do for your vacation. I, on the other hand, usually spend a week doing what the wife wants me to do for my vacation. Then I come back to work feeling more tired than if I'd worked all week. :/

Sounds to me like you might need to go dig through her purse and get your balls back.

I, on the other hand, usually spend a week doing what the wife wants me to do for my vacation. Then I come back to work feeling more tired than if I'd worked all week. :/

If I did only what she wants for the week, I might never leave the bedroom!!!! :>)

Family time together trumps most everything else. You'll appreciate that time... I promise. My wife couldn't get time off work to correspond with the time I was required to take. So, I go play golf.... she goes to work. I could get used to this!!!!

Been playing seven days a week if it hasn't rained (and it hasn't). It's been HOT. Today was up playing with sssmokin and I had the sweat pouring off me on my glasses and it was nasty hot and humid. I was driving home and from about the golf course to Oshkosh (40 miles or so) the sun was out and it was pouring rain! I've never seen that before. Puffy clouds, nothing that looked nasty and it was just coming down. Very weird to have it raining with the sun shining brightly for that long. That's serious humidity!

Sounds like a great time Limp!

Hasn't been all that hot really around here, low 90's, but the humidity is horrible.

I'm in NS now.

The weather here sucks.

Played in a tournament this past weekend in sideways rain and wind on day 1. Course was shutdown on day 1 after 12 holes, and we played 24 the next day in the mist and slop.

We had fun... it's sunny today and a "hot" 70 degrees.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520