• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ace today

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Reaction score
Played in a Charity scramble as a "Celebrity" today. At best, I'm a D-Lister. They get a bunch of hockey guys up to a nice little town just north of where I live and have a charity tourney. Lots of autographed memorabilia for the prize table and auction. They raise thousands of dollars for a local cause, people cry, it is really a great day.

Anyway it is sixsomes scramble. Was killing my driver, but was fighting it with my irons and particularly the wedges and getting frustrated. Just couldn't get anything close to the flag, until...

Our 12th hole of the day. 115 yard, slightly uphill par-3, I was the last guy to go. Our closest ball was about 25'. Hit my 52* maybe a groove skinny. It never left the flag. Two hops and it rolled in. We could not tell a 100% from the tee, but there it was in the bottom of the cup when we got to the green.

My first ace. I was and am still shocked more than anything else. Won a barbecue for closest to the pin. Last year, they gave away a car for an ace. Timing is everything. I'm thrilled anyway.

Congrats.... I wish I could get one..... was close yesterday.... about 2 inches just behind the cup was spinning back in and stopped on a ball mark..... arrhhh if people woudl just use a divot tool

Way to go. Congratulations Vampire.

Excellent. Too bad about the car though...

Congrats!!!
Where drinks included at the event? If so, about the car, just think of all the money you saved by not having to by the drinks. You can probably buy your own car with what you saved. :D

Congrats, and a money shot too, eh? Nice form.

Congratulations, Vampire. I have not aced yet (and probably never will), but have come within a couple inches of one a few times. That was exciting too:thumbs up:. It's also nice when you can participate in a torn. that benefits people. Good job!

Congrats, that is awesome. Even better that your ace came in a tournament.

From London... funny, I live in a little town just north of there. Where was the tournament?

Edit: Oh and congrats on the hole in one!

If they gave a car away last year it must have been one hell of a barbecue!! :D And did you buy everyone a drink afterward? :shocked:

Anyway, CONGRATS!!! :)

From London... funny, I live in a little town just north of there. Where was the tournament?

Listowel. Where do you live?

As for the drinks question...

I bought everyone in the clubhouse a drink when we got in. Missed some of the people that were milling around I'm sure. Cost me about $400. Barbecue is worth about $700 and I need a new one.

The weird part is making an ace in front of five complete strangers. My buddies are all excited about it and I will buy them drinks, but it is strange not to share it with them. Not a gripe, just an observation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520