• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any advice about going to Canada?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've traveled all over but never been to Canada before. I'll be entering her on Saturday so looking for some travel advice. Do I need to wear any special protective clothing? I hear the sheep can be quite frisky, what about the womenfolk? Do I need any injections or take any medication in advance or while there? Is the beer poisonous to foreigners? Any advice from my Canadian buddies would be very welcome.

I've traveled all over but never been to Canada before. I'll be entering her on Saturday so looking for some travel advice. Do I need to wear any special protective clothing? I hear the sheep can be quite frisky, what about the womenfolk? Do I need any injections or take any medication in advance or while there? Is the beer poisonous to foreigners? Any advice from my Canadian buddies would be very welcome.
Where in Canada? Pack some waterproof and some good boots. Ones that will keep snow out even if there is a foot and a half. Bring some warm hats. Some gloves, good ones. And Canadian booze are talked of around here in the states as legendary, high alcohol content too. In Canada it's not the sheep so much as the moose, and you need to reall watch out if one 'dem takes a liking to you, because they are about 8' on all fours

Get your shots and don't stare too long. The damage may be permanent.

But seriously...where are you going? Canada is a HUGE place. Most of it completely uninhabitable.

If you're anywhere near the falls, definitely take the time to visit them.

you'll need one of these.

400x302px-9d3f392f_vbattach281745.jpg

I'll be in Toronto / Burlington for a few days, planning a trip to Niagara on Sunday. Then we drive to Detroit / Ann Arbor on Monday evening, then Rockford, IL, then Portland Oregon. In fact I'll be all over the States next week like a mad woman's shit! And I hear snow is on it's way, lovely!!

Niagra By The Lake is a great little place to tour around, maybe have some lunch.

The rest of where you will be is urban explosion, and probably one of the densest populated areas in all of Canada. You'll only see freeways and buildings, as far as the eye can see.

Please don't think you have been to Canada if you're in Toronto. It's hardly the expression of what Canada truly is.

R35

I'll be in Toronto / Burlington for a few days, planning a trip to Niagara on Sunday. Then we drive to Detroit / Ann Arbor on Monday evening, then Rockford, IL, then Portland Oregon. In fact I'll be all over the States next week like a mad woman's shit! And I hear snow is on it's way, lovely!!

like a mad woman's shit... That is an interesting turn of the word.

^^ This^^

Too bad you can't visit Vancouver and the Canadian Rockies, far superior to the Toronto area.

My only two trips to Canada were to the Panorama Ski resort in BC and then visited Prince George, BC and Vancouver in one trip. Incredible scenery and city..............love to see it again.

Better put it on the bucket list... Not getting any younger...:p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424