• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any cigar aficionados???

View attachment 28086Tortuga 215 Reserva, it was just OK... Not a fan of BP's, especially in the last 3rd. Had a Byron the other day that my sister gave me as a graduation gift, and that was excellent in every way.
Those things will kill you.............you could put your eye out too.

@Splunge Try a Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary or 20th Anniversary. I thought they were both very good, YMMV.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1465928843.113785.jpg
the other Tortuga that I received, was their unreasonably large 'Diplomatico' size, 7 1/2x 58, seems to be less disappointing than the other Tortuga, but the draw was crappy, so I almost had to clip the entire cap to get a good draw. Definitely better flavored than the other tortuga. But still not a fan of box press because of the aforementioned draw issues... Oh well, at least I didn't pay for em! [emoji106]

@Splunge Try a Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary or 20th Anniversary. I thought they were both very good, YMMV.
Picked up a 15th anniversary, and plan on smoking it tonite at a buddy's grad party, when I picked that up last week, I also snagged a Hammer + Sickle Hermitage No. 1, at the recommendation of the shop clerk. It did not disappoint, really flavorful and smooth. If you can find them (Hammer + Sickle is big in New England, and at Two Guys in particular, which is where I shop 90% of the time) I would highly recommend trying it.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1466861350.475623.jpg

Smoked that Rocky, liked it a lot, smoked for a long time. Bit tight of a draw. Good flavor, pretty full. I think I liked the hermitage better. View attachment 28152
Well, it is more of a man's cigar, young'un. ;)

I'm gonna try a Hermitage when I can get to a store.

Well, it is more of a man's cigar, young'un. ;)

I'm gonna try a Hermitage when I can get to a store.
Your funny. Got recommended the Don Pepin blue label, and also, basically the entire Olivia brand, so I'm going to pick up a couple each of those next time that I'm out and about

Your funny. Got recommended the Don Pepin blue label, and also, basically the entire Olivia brand, so I'm going to pick up a couple each of those next time that I'm out and about
[emoji12]

Oliva Serie V Melanio figurado or robusto. Figurado was a CA #1, but to me the robusto is just as good for less money.

Thanks for the tip, also, CA #1?
Cigar Aficionado magazine. Not the end all authority, but lots of interesting articles and reviews. Used to subscribe years ago, dropped it, then found a way to subscribe for free. Every year they have a top 25 list. Seems like Oliva Serie V Melanio was last year's #1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520