Anyone have a good place to refinish iron heads?

Welcome To ShotTalk - Golf Forum

Joining ShotTalk.com is free and easy, When you register you get added benefits like being able to get help, join conversations, discuss equipment and the tours. It also lets you join in the Contest we have.

• Join for Free
  • Enter free giveaways and contest
  • Get Help
  • Join in on Conversations and Topics
  • Use the Marketplace for FREE
  • Discuss balls, Golf Clubs and Golf Courses
  • Most importantly make new friends

SignUp Now!
  • Full Metal Markers.com

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
    Reaction score
    I have just acquired a new/used set of iron heads that I am very excited about. Hopefully, once I get them shafted up, they will perform like I hope. Anyway, these are very soft forged heads, and they could use a refinish. anyone have any experience with any companies doing this? Golfworks will buff and rechrome for $20 a head. I'd love to do a black ox on these, but that seems like an expensive option.

What set?:confused:

For the record, I hear Golfworks is THE place to send your stuff. They do great work.

R35

They all charge that, $20 per head, and one had a bad press recently, for service not the work. (it wasn't Golf Works)

In the end I did mine myself, the chrome and grooves were fine, so all they needed was a buff up and paint job. Its the chrome and grooves that dictate whether you need it imo

dave,

I think that was Iron Works that had the bad press. They were found to be dumping chemicals into local waterways. TWICE. That's piss poor. Apprently, they did great work tho, but they've gone severely downhill.

R35

Yeah, I didn't know whether I could post their name online though:) They also took someones clubs and kept them for weeks, and got some bad press

What set?:confused:

For the record, I hear Golfworks is THE place to send your stuff. They do great work.

R35

Oh, just a nice set from Japan. I'm going to game them first to see if I want to keep 'em. Good to hear about Golfworks, that was my first choice. The price seems right. Still, when you start talking 20 or 25 times 8, it starts to get salty.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fullmetalmarkers

Who has been here?

Back