• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone have a good place to refinish iron heads?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Reaction score
I have just acquired a new/used set of iron heads that I am very excited about. Hopefully, once I get them shafted up, they will perform like I hope. Anyway, these are very soft forged heads, and they could use a refinish. anyone have any experience with any companies doing this? Golfworks will buff and rechrome for $20 a head. I'd love to do a black ox on these, but that seems like an expensive option.

What set?:confused:

For the record, I hear Golfworks is THE place to send your stuff. They do great work.

R35

They all charge that, $20 per head, and one had a bad press recently, for service not the work. (it wasn't Golf Works)

In the end I did mine myself, the chrome and grooves were fine, so all they needed was a buff up and paint job. Its the chrome and grooves that dictate whether you need it imo

dave,

I think that was Iron Works that had the bad press. They were found to be dumping chemicals into local waterways. TWICE. That's piss poor. Apprently, they did great work tho, but they've gone severely downhill.

R35

Yeah, I didn't know whether I could post their name online though:) They also took someones clubs and kept them for weeks, and got some bad press

What set?:confused:

For the record, I hear Golfworks is THE place to send your stuff. They do great work.

R35

Oh, just a nice set from Japan. I'm going to game them first to see if I want to keep 'em. Good to hear about Golfworks, that was my first choice. The price seems right. Still, when you start talking 20 or 25 times 8, it starts to get salty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520