• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Arghhh...non paying buyers

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
Sold a TP weight kit on ebay on monday. It was the weight kit I got with my R5 TP last year and I have since found the perfect weighting, so I figured I'd sell it and buy, who knows. Anyway the item sold with a "Buy it Now" of 49.99-was a little shocked by that. I sent the invoice and waited-and waited and sent another invoce then an email to the buyer. I get an email back from the buyer this morning, its priceless actually-he didn't know he had bought it, was watching it and a few others but claims he did not commit to buy. Anyway I sent him another email basically saying that its hard to believe he didn't know he was using the buy it now, and asked if he had any intention of paying. So I may, for the first time, be reporting a non paying buyer.

How does that work? Do I get my listing fees back? Im sure I can sell it again no prob if I relist, its just a hassle.

OK rant over
icon11.gif

I had this happen recently. After 7 days have passed from the end of the auction you can file an "unpaid item dispute". Ebay will then try to contact the buyer. I don't recall how long you have to wait after filing the dispute, but once that time has elapsed, you can file a "final value credit" and ebay will refund your fees. I think you only have 45 days to start the process.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • Staff
I had this happen recently. After 7 days have passed from the end of the auction you can file an "unpaid item dispute". Ebay will then try to contact the buyer. I don't recall how long you have to wait after filing the dispute, but once that time has elapsed, you can file a "final value credit" and ebay will refund your fees. I think you only have 45 days to start the process.

Yeah, I was just reading up on it. It's pretty frustrating but this is the first time it has happened to me. It's pretty clear the buyer is full of BS, its almost impossible to use the "buy it now" and not know about it. Oh well...

I had this happed about 2 months ago, turns out now the buyer canceled his ebay account, I filed a dispute to get my money back. The process sucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking