• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AXIV Shafts now at Indacup!

indacup

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mamiya-OP, parent company of UST and ACCRA....with their upper line being the AXIV shafts...and we got em!

Indacupgolf.com

Could i get an explanation of what exactly the axiv shafts are? ive heard of them, but never really knew anything about them.

Piper, the shaft is the long, thin part of the club that is inserted into the head at one end and that the grip slides onto at the other end. Axiv is just a brand name.

sheesh...friggin' amateurs... ;)

Piper, the shaft is the long, thin part of the club that is inserted into the head at one end and that the grip slides onto at the other end. Axiv is just a brand name.

(Mental note to self....NEVER hire MCDavis for sales position.....) :faintthud

Actually, the AXIV shafts emply a four weaves of material going four different axis (AX-IV) that provides strength using less material, primarily under the grip area which is subjected to more force and deformity during the swing...less material provides greater feel.

When a normal shaft bends, the circular diameter of the the shaft becomes somewhat oblong or flatter during the loading of the shaft...this AXIV construction maintains the circular shafpe from collapsing, theorietically creating a shaft with faster rebound potential.

Mamiya-OP, parent company of UST and ACCRA....with their upper line being the AXIV shafts...and we got em!

Indacupgolf.com

What a coup Indacup !!, I have the 6568M suited in my TE Exotics. without doubt it's the best premium shaft I've played. They say there's a shaft for everybody but the Axiv range provides 48 (I think) different range of shafts, so theres an Axiv shaft for everybody, choose the preferred weight, torgue and ball flight (H,M,L). They have a fitting matrix on their Japanese site which will suggest the "perfect shaft" for you. Tho from my experience and research they play a bit stiffer, so the next model down is more likely suitable. For those caught up in the cpm of shafts the Japanese employ a 220gram weight in a 7 inch clamp so a reading of 279cpm in my case for the 6568M is actually an inflated figure as it plays 262 when gripped and shafted in the clubhead.

There's also the Axiv-V model which is designed for those people fighting hooks, by all accounts it takes the left side of the fairway out of range. A recent addition of the Axiv-X which I know nothing about has hit the market in Japan also.

We are expecting the AXIV-X here around March....

These are incredible shafts, but as you mentioned, we recommend going a bit softer (on paper).....I plan on selecting each shaft for each person because of the complexity of the process.

(Mental note to self....NEVER hire MCDavis for sales position.....) :faintthud
Sometimes, indacup, you have to get down to their level...it's painful, but it has to be done! :laugh:

We are expecting the AXIV-X here around March....

These are incredible shafts, but as you mentioned, we recommend going a bit softer (on paper).....I plan on selecting each shaft for each person because of the complexity of the process.
I am looking at the Axiv 758M shaft ... my 7iron distance is 150-160 yards using a ns-pro 850 reg shaft, driver 230-240 yards using a fujikaru sr shaft. i am a average swinger.
I find the ns-pro 850 regular a bit stiff and heavy for me for the long irons.

Is the Axiv 758M shaft too stiff for me ? according to their spec, their 5-iron has a 323 cpm. Can I soft-step 2 times (put a 3-iron shaft into a 5-iron head) and cut the butt to length 37.75 for the 5-iron ? According to their spec, the 3iron shaft has a 295 cpm, length 39.5, 70 grams raw shaft, flex kg 8.0, 2.5 torque, butt 0.37.

Will it feel a little softer than the ns-pro 850 regular shaft (for 5-iron), and stiffer than the ns-pro 750 regular ?

Anyone can advise me what will be the swing weight (if i install a 46-50 gram grip) assuming a standard forged head.

chers

So I was ahead of the curve and didn't even know it? Bought my Hibore from 3balls for $90 shipped last year and it came in factory plastic with this shaft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520