• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bag Problems

I have a year-old titleist x67 bag but I keep the backup clubs in it - it's poorly designed. I sent it back to titleist thinking the legs were defective after emailing pictures of it to them a few times. They sent it back to me the same way. apparently the thing is designed to sit low to the ground... anyway, it's comfortable to carry, but the stand/legs were lousy. my brother in law had the x58 (I think) and it was a great bag.

I'm currently using the BagBoy Revolver NXO and so far, it's been great - I actually like the clip-lok divider top a lot

I have a year-old titleist x67 bag but I keep the backup clubs in it - it's poorly designed. I sent it back to titleist thinking the legs were defective after emailing pictures of it to them a few times. They sent it back to me the same way. apparently the thing is designed to sit low to the ground... anyway, it's comfortable to carry, but the stand/legs were lousy. my brother in law had the x58 (I think) and it was a great bag.

I'm currently using the BagBoy Revolver NXO and so far, it's been great - I actually like the clip-lok divider top a lot

The 67 and 76 are completely different in terms of looks/quality. The 76 blows it out of the water in every area...

The 67 and 76 are completely different in terms of looks/quality. The 76 blows it out of the water in every area...

I don't doubt that at all - I liked the x58 a lot too. I bought the x67 online with a gift certificate - it was probably my last on-line purchase of a bag

OGIO

I would recomend trying the Ogio "groom" bag and the have multiple colors for men and women. They are very durable, for I have had mine a full season and it still looks brand spankin new...

I've played two "hand me down" bags and am going on year number 3 with my current Datrek. Not a thing wrong with it. Someday I'll actually purchase one - maybe a Woode. I kind of see it as I would rather drive a rust bucket with a sweet engine than drive a sweet looking car with a rust bucket engine. Can't get myself to drop cash on a bag yet.

I'm using a Cleveland Tour Action cart bag. I bought it used and have had great service out of it. It's got plenty of storage and appears quite durable, but it's a little heavy to carry. I'm getting a pull cart for Christmas and I hope it will fit on it because it's a great looking bag.

I have a Burton Monoshock 200 and it is a good bag. A tad expensive, but better than my Ogio in most ways. And it is about 4lbs... which is fantastic.

I carry, and Ping Hoofers are superb, the K56 weighs nothing and is a superb bag

5 or 6 years ago, a buddy's Callaway stand bag's leg broke. (Or, should I say the buddy broke the bag's leg!!!) I suggested he call Callaway and see if they would repair it cheaper than him buying a new bag. Callaway sent him a new bag... same model, same color... at NO cost! All he had to do was ship the broken bag back in the same box. They even included a UPS shipping tag for the return so he wasn't even out postage.

I had one of the orginal Ping Hoofer bags. After 3 or 4 seasons of hard use, a zipper broke. I called Ping and got a return authorization to send the bag to them and have a new zipper installed. Over the phone, they estimated the cost as $35. I got a box from a local golf shop and mailed the Hoofer to Ping. Less than a week later, I rec'd a new Hoofer 3 (then the current model) from Ping. They did not charge me a dime. I was out the postage to ship the bag to them.

There have been some great customer service stories about Sun Mountain and Ogio. I would recommend calling the manufacturer of broken bag and just investigate how they might handle the situation.

How many bags do you typically go through? I think bags just hate me or something.... I've gone through, now on my 7th bag, in my 5 years of seriously playing. I've had Titleist, Ping, Callaway, Taylormade, Sun Mountain..... My longest lasting bag was my currently being retired Ping J Bag, which had the stitching ripping since early summer, but finally the stand snapped thanks to the damned airline. I've had every part of bags break on me, the dividers on the inside, stands, straps, pockets, base etc. Although i definately put a lot of miles on my golf bag carrying every round.

Oh well, back to Titleist bag now thx to petersmells, and if I can get my schooling figured out and go where I should be going in the spring, i'll have a new ping vantage bag waiting for me as well:).

So how many bags do you go through? How often is it used? Where if so does it usually break?
I use Tour bags for travelling to events because they hold items I can never fit into suitcases,spare shoes,golf balls,etc.I will use it for 4 or 5 trips through the U.S. and Canada.To answer your question about carry bags,the terrible zippers put into most bags are the little buggers,(can I say that on here?),are always tearing and making the pocket hang open.BIG pet peeve for me.:real angry:

I cant really say I wore out any bags but I buy new ones cuz I like them and need a change.

I use Tour bags for travelling to events because they hold items I can never fit into suitcases,spare shoes,golf balls,etc.I will use it for 4 or 5 trips through the U.S. and Canada.To answer your question about carry bags,the terrible zippers put into most bags are the little buggers,(can I say that on here?),are always tearing and making the pocket hang open.BIG pet peeve for me.:real angry:

xmasgolf, are you a pro? Have you introduced yourself and your M/O on here yet? I'd love to hear more about the events you play in.

The zippers are a big problem for me too, but i have a friend who somehow is a whiz with zippers, and zap straps always helpout too.

xmasgolf, are you a pro? Have you introduced yourself and your M/O on here yet? I'd love to hear more about the events you play in.

The zippers are a big problem for me too, but i have a friend who somehow is a whiz with zippers, and zap straps always helpout too.
I was a pro from 1978-1981.Played the old Peter Jackson Tour,now the Canadian tour.Too young and not ready to go to the Big Pond.Had fun though....too much fun,lol anyways...after missing qualifying for 1981 U.S.Open by 8,and I played great,or I though I had,I applied for amateur status. Got it back in 1983 and being bumming around in P.N.G.A. events ever since.I am NOT saying those events are low class because they are not and have produced some great P.G.A. Tour pros.Fred Couples and I played alot together back in the "good ole' days" and he is no slouch:laugh: Thanks for asking Sandpiper,it's nice to go down memory lane once in awhile.p.s. thanks for the tip on zap straps.gonna try it tonight.:)

PNGA eh? Whereabouts do you play out of?

(were talkin about the pacific northwest correct?).

Im looking to play a few of those events when i come home in may from college, im from just outside of Vancouver BC and am not eligible to play jr tourneys anymore and want to keep my game sharp over the summer.

PNGA eh? Whereabouts do you play out of?

(were talkin about the pacific northwest correct?).

Im looking to play a few of those events when i come home in may from college, im from just outside of Vancouver BC and am not eligible to play jr tourneys anymore and want to keep my game sharp over the summer.[/quote I am a member of 3 courses.One private,one semi-private and to play with ordinary everyday blue collar workers 1 public course,which is probably the most fun of all!I would suggest you use The Pacific Northwest Golf Association - PNGA to find tournaments which will fit your schedule.Gook luck,maybe we will play together in 2008 without even knowing each other.Sorry, but I have to keep my identity to myself.Sometimes I'll get ornary with ridiculous posts or threads and for that reason don't need someone coming up to me at a tournament with attitude:real angry:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520