• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bags???

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you guys do with your old bags? I have a Datrek that is practically new and a Nike bag, both stand bags, that are just sitting in my house. They are in great shape and it doesn't look like Ebay is the way to go with bags. So what do you guys do? Garage sale?

I leave them in my basement, they hold all the clubs I ho. :laugh:

Why do you say eBay not the way to go?

I sold a set of clubs on the forum, and included a decent little Ogio stand bag with the deal. The other four bags are holding a bunch more clubs.

I have my 3 old bags sitting in my parents garage and all the extra clubs sitting in the corner of my spare bedroom, but then again nothing i really do makes any sense anyway.

On a side note is anyone else's quick reply button not working. Really kind of annoying to have to switch pages to reply

• Staff
I leave them in my basement, they hold all the clubs I ho. :laugh:

Why do you say eBay not the way to go?

I did a quick search on ebay for the 2 bags that I have and didn't see much movement from either one. Plus I would imagine the shipping charges on something as large as a bag would defeat the purpose- I could be wrong on both though.

I have my 3 old bags sitting in my parents garage and all the extra clubs sitting in the corner of my spare bedroom, but then again nothing i really do makes any sense anyway.

On a side note is anyone else's quick reply button not working. Really kind of annoying to have to switch pages to reply
I never use it. I usually just hit the 'quote' button. Especially since 99% of what I say here makes zero sense unless one reads it in context and recognizes the subtle genius at work.

I shipped out 1 Ogio cart bag & it cost me damn near $25 to ship it USPS.

I never use it. I usually just hit the 'quote' button. Especially since 99% of what I say here makes zero sense unless one reads it in context and recognizes the subtle genius at work.

You can include quotes with the quickreply FYI. Oh well.

To stay on topic I did notice my dad's clubs in one of my old bags when I stopped by there tonight.

I did a quick search on ebay for the 2 bags that I have and didn't see much movement from either one. Plus I would imagine the shipping charges on something as large as a bag would defeat the purpose- I could be wrong on both though.

Your right on with the bags. I have a cart bag and a stand bag that I want to get rid of but as you found out nobody wants a used bag and shipping is a bitch right now. I guess just use them till they break or sell to a buddy or advertise in your local area.

so many nice bags out right now, but I have no space for another.

Your right on with the bags. I have a cart bag and a stand bag that I want to get rid of but as you found out nobody wants a used bag and shipping is a bitch right now. I guess just use them till they break or sell to a buddy or advertise in your local area.

so many nice bags out right now, but I have no space for another.

Yeah, i was looking at a Callaway and Nike that I really liked. But I have 3 bags now and if I come home with another my wife might be... irritated
icon6.gif

Yeah, i was looking at a Callaway and Nike that I really liked. But I have 3 bags now and if I come home with another my wife might be... irritated
icon6.gif

Sending PM, Jim. I'll take one off your hands.

Here are a few pics of the Nike bag I have. Its in great shape for being about 3 yrs old. Its not to heavy and has an Izzo strap which is more comfortable that it looks.
bag 1.jpg
bag 3.jpg

Slight threadjack, but my Ogio carry bag bit the dust and I was looking for more of a cart bag for my Sun Mountain Speed Cart. Bought the Ogio Atlas (which is more of a cart cart bag). What an awful bag. Looked big and was heavy. Pockets were tiny. Could not get everything from the carry bag into the cart bag. Disappointing. Love Ogio stuff. Usually really well thought out. Have an Ogio computer bag (highly recommended) and Ogio luggage.

So, I returned it and got the Sun Mountain SCB Deluxe, which is designed for the Speed Cart. Used it for one riding round and loved it. Will test it on the Speed Cart this weekend.

As for my old bags, I just keep 'em in the garage and fill them with clubs in timeout.

I just went the other way from a Sun Mountain to the Ogio Atlas. Just got disappointed with the lifespan of the zippers on my last two Sun Mountain. While I have always thought the Ogio makes the best stand bags and have owned a couple of them, I too was disappointed with the space on the Atlas. I guess it is a matter of whether you want the extra space, or want a bag that will last longer. I also notice the Atlas does not have full length dividers on all the slots. Things I do prefer is some of the engineered features and the fact that it is narrower to fit two big bags on a cart. Again, do you want space or other convenience. Another issue since my wife and I both had the Sun Mountain, and had to cram them on the cart some time. So if you want space the Sun Mountain is far superior. As far as other features, I kinda like the Atlas. Not sure how I will go the next time.

As far as old bags, they work great to keep my other clubs in, and I use my stand bag for travel. Next time I will likely be tossing one out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520