• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best place to buy clubs in MA

Lorax

Reaction score
Hi-

I've decided to upgrade my clubs since I'm the starter set I got 10+ years ago. The hitch is that I am 6'4" so I want to get fitted for clubs that are long enough. Can anyone recommend a good store in MA? I'd like to be able to hit any of the clubs that are recommended before I buy.

Thanks

Barry

I'm down in RI and the best place I know of is Golfer's Warehouse. Not sure if they have one near you. Dick's sports sucks, I went there today to look around. Not only is thier selection going to crap but a ton of the "new" clubs were out of the boxes on the floor with demo marks on them. They had a Cameron putter for $229 that was in like a 7 condition?? I personally test what I like at the store and buy off Ebay unless they will give me a decent price.

Its been a while since I lived in MA, but the best prices around used to be Nevada Bob's. I lived up near the NH border, so I used to go the one near Rockingham Park in Salem, NH. There was also one off of 128 near the north 128/93 interchange but it has been too long to give you any idea how close it is to that interchange.

Best advice, go to any store and get fitted and then surf E-bay to find a used set. Buying new does not make too much sense these days unless you make your own or find a good deal on last years model.

Hi-

Thanks for teh quick replies. There is a Golfer's Warehouse near me so I'll check them out. The problem with Ebay is that I never seem to see any extended clubs. I've tried standard length clubs and I feel like I'm squating.

Barry

Just search for "irons long" and you should come up with quite a few. Golfer's Warehouse is pretty good, they have a great selection, just about everything on the market. The one near me has some great sales guys too that will give you all types of info. Make sure to check the used rack too. The secret is to check the date code on the club, that will tell you when it came into inventory. If it's been hanging around a while the manager will usually drop the price on it if you inquire. :)

Lorax said:
Hi-

Thanks for teh quick replies. There is a Golfer's Warehouse near me so I'll check them out. The problem with Ebay is that I never seem to see any extended clubs. I've tried standard length clubs and I feel like I'm squating.

Barry

If I lived in MA, I wouldn't make a purchase without going by 3balls.com's pro shop - which has been named as one of the best in the country by Golf Digest...

http://www.3balls.com/file_include-file/whatis

Go by there and tell them hello for me...I've bought a quite a few items from them over the internet. Great people...

It may be worth checking if Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy are within driving range. I have had great luck at both. Althought I think the closest Golfsmith is Conn or NY. Not sure about Golf Galaxy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301