• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bridgestone E6 Golf Ball

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been playing Titleist NXT (non-tour) balls as they have been working super and are a good price (especially at used golf balls). The last order I decided to try the E6 because it's supposed to fit my game. Very impressive!! I've hit a couple really long drives (for me) and they still seem good around the green. The TM Penta (recommended by LyleG) is the best golf ball out there IMHO but I can't afford to lose them. So for now my ball will be the Bridgestone E6. Oh yeah. Did I mention I've shot my two best scores of the summer this week using this ball?

From memory, I think NVM plays the E6 & raves about them.

yep. i am the E6 spokesperson, lol. btw, Bridgestone took the "+" out of the name. it used to be E6, then it was E6+, now its back to just E6. yes it's long, yes it's pretty good around the greens, and its primary purpose to go straight(less sidespin) off the tee box is what is great about this mid price ball. just the fact that i play entire rounds with the same ball speaks volumes for the difference this ball has made for my game.

I've been jumping back and forth from Tour Fires to Gamers to Bstone E5's and like all of them. I like everything about the Gamer except for that I shred them like mad. E5's have been good too. Of the 3 they seem to hold a putting line the best and maintain the pace well (I like these on and around the greens). The tour fires are the total package as far as performance, price, durability, etc... They don't make them anymore and I wiped out my local Dick's when they were like $10.00/doz. plus my coupons... I practically stole em.

Anyways, something keeps drawing me back to those E5's though...

I tried the E6+ last summer and really liked it. Its not the spinniest ball in the world, but you will hit straighter shots with it.

Its not the spinniest ball in the world,

ok, when you say an "anti"-spin ball is not the spinniest, what does that mean? :confused: in other words, a ball designed not to spin doesn't spin very well?

Nice observation, NVM.

"My winter parka doesn't keep my very cool..."

Although, it's quite clear that multiple layers allow a ball to spin little off the dirver (like the e6) but spin a lot around the greens. I think the e6 uses inner layers to resist driver spin (making it fly straighter) but passes on expensive cover materials in favor of lower cost and better durability.

that being said, it's still middle-of-the-road in wedge and short iron spin. It's not on a premium level, but I would imagine that a player who seeks to hit straighter shots off the tee isn't missing the incredible greenside spin. Maybe that's an unfair assumption. regardless, the e6 is designed to provide medium short game performance, and excellent anti-spin characteristics off the tee. Awesome ball. I'm naming my first six sons "e".

after a length 11 year lay off I got back into golf this year. I used to play Rexstar/Bridgestone 100 Balata's, great distance for a balata, super spin, and very durable for a balata. To my surprise things have changed a lot in 11 years, didn't know where to start as far as balls went. The salesman recommended I try the E6 and I was very pleasantly surprised, long off the tee, not too much side spin, and the back spin off the short irons was good for an modestly priced ball, I could back up the 9 and wedge a couple of feet, and the 8 one hopped and danced, and I know I am not hitting the ball as crisp as I would like too. Just ordered 4 dozen B300-S off of amazon.com. a great deal at 27.00 a dozen. Still have some E6 balls left and will play with them the rest of the winter here in Vancouver B.C.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520