• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

broke 100

abledsoe

Reaction score
Not a huge accomplishment but I finally broke 100 yesterday (98). Im re-beginning golf this year after about 6 yrs off. I had been having real trouble with my driver and I read about pausing at the top of your backswing briefly. This totally changed things for me leading to only one sliced tee shot yesterday. Also picked up a used Nike T40 7wood that really works well for me.
So, thanks for the help and input. There is some very useful info floating around here.

Congrats on breaking 100. I actually think it's a big deal, good confidence booster.

I recently bagged a Nike T60 3 wood, love it. I really like the Nike T series clubs.

Thanks! And yes the Nike club is great. Im not really into the hybrids (not yet anyway) so the 7W seemed helpful. I found this club at golf galaxy "used" but still with some of the original stickers, no scratches and for $21. It may turn out to be the best $21 I have spent.

Grats on your accomplishment. Now on to the next milestone!

Breaking 100 is a great accomplishment. Now start doing it with some regularity. The "pause at the top" is an awesome swing thought - as is "watch the club swing through the ball."

Congrats on writing two numbers at the end instead of three!

Awesome :) breaking 100 is a big deal, will be for me if it ever happens!

heres to many more good rounds for you:beach3:

congrats on the milestone.before ya know it you will be posting broke 90

I started breaking 100 last summer on a regular basis, then went back to work for the school year and lost that consistency, I am a teacher so it was hard to get practice over the school year....any who...I just started breaking 100 again...I know how great it feels...congrats!

Not a huge accomplishment but I finally broke 100 yesterday (98). Im re-beginning golf this year after about 6 yrs off. I had been having real trouble with my driver and I read about pausing at the top of your backswing briefly. This totally changed things for me leading to only one sliced tee shot yesterday. Also picked up a used Nike T40 7wood that really works well for me.
So, thanks for the help and input. There is some very useful info floating around here.

Good job breakin 100 !

After 4 years of golfing, I finally broke 100 for 2 weeks in a row - a 98 on a links course in Temecula, CA and a 99 at the Crossings in Carlsbad. I was so excited... of course, I am a woman and little things like that get me excited :)

I have found that my trick to breaking a hundred is having a good second shot, not necessarily my drive. I can only drive it about 180 on average (though the other day I got some cart path action and send it 220 yards!)

Any other tips on breaking 100 consistently??

Lisa "LV"
only2degrees
Internet Talk Radio Show
Connecting People with Entertainment and Information

for me I started breaking 100 when I started working hard on my short game...like today for example.....I hit 8/14 fariways...all my irons were working well.....but my chipping and putting were on and off.....actually more my chipping....

so my thing would be to work on the short game....I can tell you exactly where those extra strokes came from....chips! stupid chips! Should have shot a 94 instead of a 99....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520