• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cally X-Hot driver

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After hitting a 9.5º with a "regular" flex shaft a couple weeks ago at a demo day I had to buy this. Today I sold my .45 ACP Hi-Point handgun and bought one. I'm going to "test" it out tomorrow when sssmokin comes over to play on my course. If I hit it like I did at demo day he's in trouble. Was far better then all the other drivers I hit like the R1, Razr Fit Extreme, Nike etc etc.

I'll post the results.

After hitting a 9.5º with a "regular" flex shaft a couple weeks ago at a demo day I had to buy this. Today I sold my .45 ACP Hi-Point handgun and bought one. I'm going to "test" it out tomorrow when sssmokin comes over to play on my course. If I hit it like I did at demo day he's in trouble. Was far better then all the other drivers I hit like the R1, Razr Fit Extreme, Nike etc etc.

I'll post the results.
Nice!

Why didn't you ask me if I wanted that pistol? I woulda bought that.

Would you have given me the $250 I sold it for? That included new sights, holster, extra magazine, cleaning kit and ammo. And clark would have been over your ass for buying that inferior gun, LOL.

Clark would have been all over your ass.
Who gives a sh!t? I don't buy things to impress others or meet their approval.

I buy golf clubs because it's fun, addicting, and I might find the one that saves my game some day:rolleyes:.
Would you have given me the $250 I sold it for? That included new sights, holster, cleaning kit and ammo. And clark would have been over your ass for buying that inferior gun, LOL.
All that included I would've paid close.

Review, review!! I'm keeping a close eye on this set-up. I fancy it almost as much as that girl in the Curvy section! ;)

Will know more today! I had never hit a 9.5 with a regular flex shaft before that demo day. I've always gone to the 9.5 because every time I go on a monitor the lower launch drivers give me less spin. But I've been getting a "tail" on my drives lately which in my case is from a shaft maybe too stiff so I think that's why the X-Hot worked. They had every combination you could imagine at that demo day but that was the first one I hit and didn't try the other X-Hots. I hated the Razr Fit Extreme. I was hitting drives I only dream about with that X-Hot..

Okay, here's my review.

First, it took a couple holes to get used to the club and feel. I think this is normal. What I found was you can't swing this like a sissy. You have to go after it a little and when you do the X-Hot driver comes alive!

Now, I'm no Tiger Woods so I don't hit the ball long anymore. I'm 66 years old and have lost lot's of distance in the last 2-3 years. If I hit a ball 200 yards now and it's straight down the middle I don't complain.

For comparisons, I hit the RBZ stage 2 driver on average 200 to 220 yards straight down the middle. I hit the Burner Superfast 2.0 about 210-230 yards usually straight down the middle. After I figured the X-Hot out I was hitting it 220-250 straight down the middle. This is measured with a GPS and I have sssmokin as my witness. It appears to be an amazing driver, at least for me. Here is the Edwin Watts website where the "robot driver testing results" show the story. You'll notice that the X-Hot driver dominates almost every category and certainly comes out on top.

http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/ARC.aspx

So all I can say is I just made a smart buy and they're now down to $250.

Okay, here's my review.

First, it took a couple holes to get used to the club and feel. I think this is normal. What I found was you can't swing this like a sissy. You have to go after it a little and when you do the X-Hot driver comes alive!

Now, I'm no Tiger Woods so I don't hit the ball long anymore. I'm 66 years old and have lost lot's of distance in the last 2-3 years. If I hit a ball 200 yards now and it's straight down the middle I don't complain.

For comparisons, I hit the RBZ stage 2 driver on average 200 to 220 yards straight down the middle. I hit the Burner Superfast 2.0 about 210-230 yards usually straight down the middle. After I figured the X-Hot out I was hitting it 220-250 straight down the middle. This is measured with a GPS and I have sssmokin as my witness. It appears to be an amazing driver, at least for me. Here is the Edwin Watts website where the "robot driver testing results" show the story. You'll notice that the X-Hot driver dominates almost every category and certainly comes out on top.

http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/ARC.aspx

So all I can say is I just made a smart buy and they're now down to $250.
Yup........we checked it with the GPS and two were in the mid 230s and two were 240 plus. He was hitting his irons better than I've ever seen him play. It was fun.

Yup........we checked it with the GPS and two were in the mid 230s and two were 240 plus. He was hitting his irons better than I've ever seen him play. It was fun.

Yup. Nuts NEVER getting these irons back!!

I'll trade ya these for yours even up!
??? Why would you do that? Ci9's for Pi7's? You wanted to get away from smallish headed blade-ish clubs didn't you? I'd have to pass anyways as that set would have me with a 45*pw, 48*gw, 52*gw, 56*sw, and 60*lw. My interest in those is for a second set to fill a classic leather Wilson carry bag I have. I'm curious though as to why you'd offer that?

Goose.
Whats wrong with a classic 50 55 60 wedge set?
Give it up and let me have them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422